non-citroen project car

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

bxbodger
My Cars:

non-citroen project car

Post by bxbodger »

Here's my new toy, not a Citroen, I know-
but I had to put it on here just to annoy anyone whos been wrestling with an XUD cambelt today- here's the engine acsessability!!![:D]Image
Solid chassis and outriggers, superbly smooth and sweet 6 pot with well set up improvements, and a bit of a ratty body-a sound tub but needs lots of work round the edges,oh,and a new hood,and some nice alloys.........!!!!
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

Nice and it's older than my Fiat
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Always fancied a herald or vitesse, but never taken the plunge.
One of these days maybe.
demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Post by demag »

Hey your a glutton for punishment bodge!
I've had three Heralds. My very first car was the two seat coupe, 900cc I think with two tone paintwork[8D]. I also had a 1200 saloon and a 12/50 (I think) convertible. All of em needed chassis work. The saloon was exciting, the doors used to fly open if I cornered enthusiastically!![:D]
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">the doors used to fly open if I cornered enthusiastically!!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Yes, the bloke I bought it from told me it was best to keep the passanger door locked on this one.......it is however very solid underneath, but needs at least new arches a lot of cosmetics- out with the mig and spraygun!!
The engine is really a bit too fast for the chassis-its got the k&n's and seems to be correctly jetted for them, and a fabricated tubular exhaust going int a stainless pipe with one very rorty silencer[:D]
Its a while since I drove a car with no power brakes, let alone no servo-I got back in the BX and nearly put myself through the windscreen!!
It does drive like a go-cart though, and I couldn't have a 2 seater as the kids like to come as well.
Its a few years since I last had a ragtop and I almost forgot how much fun they are!!![8D]
mpr1956
My Cars:

Post by mpr1956 »

Don't those engines give a glorious wail when you wind them up ! -Almost impossible to resist giving it some stick I bet....
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Its a while since I drove a car with no power brakes, let alone no servo-I got back in the BX and nearly put myself through the windscreen!!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
ROFL[:D]
While you're at it, lower the car, put some neons, a ghetto blaster on the trunk and you're off!
Your kids will go nuts and so will the others in the neighbourhood!
BTW, what engine has it got? a sixer? Wow!
Great buy [;)]
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

A mate of mine was toying with the idea of putting a 2cv bodyshell on a Vitesse chassis.
Only problem is, you have to destroy both a 2cv and a Vitesse to do it! The Triumph is a car I lust over but my previous "nice engine" lusting cost a fortune! (Rover P6 V8 with rotten sills!)
Johnno
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: C5 2.2 VTR + Nav 173
Mazda 6 2.2 Sports Nav Estate
Jaguar 3.8 MkII 1961
Ex 2007 C5 2.2 Estate
Ex 2003 C5 2.2 Estate
Ex Xantia 2.1 TD Exclusive
Ex BX 1.7 DTR
Ex BX 1.9 TRS

Post by Johnno »

Good choice, Bodger.
I had one of these years ago. Not a soft top and it was the 1600cc six (very smooth, but not powerful). It was an early model with the unimproved rear suspension. Later cars had Rotoflex couplings rather than UJs - I reckoned on changing UJs around every six months! May have had something to do with the suspension mods - take the transverse leaf spring out, de-couple and turn the fourth one over, reassemble to the car. Has the effect of lowering the rear and giving the rear wheels negative camber, transforming the handling.
A chap in ChCh, NZ, where I grew up (as if!) put a Rover V8 in one of these with an auto - zoom, zoom.
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

I took it out last night for its first proper run and It turned me into Mr Toad!!![}:)]
Sifting through the bills it had an absolute fortune spent on it about 15 years ago during the classic car price boom- the then owner had an overdrive fitted,a spax conversion done all round and the car slightly lowered, an oil cooler and spin off filter conversion, tubular exhaust manifold and stainless system, a kenlowe, etc, etc,....
Oodles of money was also spent on the chassis, and although it has been mot'd every year its only done about 30000 miles since. Its been kept outside, not used much lately (he had bought a Zodiac) and its starting to get a bit frayed around the edges bodywise and will need a few repair sections and a respray: it should keep me busy for a while!!!
It can't cope with the local speed humps like the BX though, and it won't run on veggie oil either.....the price of LRP is shocking!!!
chaseracer

Post by chaseracer »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by yangreen</i>

A mate of mine was toying with the idea of putting a 2cv bodyshell on a Vitesse chassis<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
This was done several years back using an AK van shell. And very odd it looked, too...
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

I'm after a future classic in the form of a renault 5 gt turbo, i've been looking for one that hasnt had the bo**ocks thrashed off of it and that hasnt had all the boy racer add ons, all i want is a standard unmodified gt turbo at a good price, but they started going up in price about a year ago and dont seem to be comming down, plus unmolested ones are getting rather rare now too !
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Renault 5 GT turbo-my first ever drive of a proper hot hatch was in one of those and very scarey it was too!!!!!
I would imagine a good one would be very hard to find- a friend spent a year looking for a late 2.8i Capri that hadn't been molested. They had all been caned to death and covered in tupperware, and been generally hacked about-a good one was very difficult to find!!
davek-uk
My Cars:

Post by davek-uk »

Now that's something I'd buy again - a 2.8i Capri. I loved mine, it was pretty economical, fast and very, very reliable. If I lived in an area that wasn't do damn damp I'd have one on my shopping list. Did he find a good one?
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Yes, in the end-Brooklands green, very nice!!!