Anybody here from lincoln or passing through

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

born2die
My Cars:

Anybody here from lincoln or passing through

Post by born2die »

With access to a transit. I have slipped up and bought a largish item of furniture off ebay and need to get it from there to coventry and I dont think the activa is big enough. I blame my other half for getting auction fever and dropping me in it from a great height. There is lots of beertokens in this for somebody as with 8points on my licence there is no way i can hire a van.
Please somebody help as I have just spent a small fortune on my little one and the activa after she ate the front brakes pads callipers and hubs.
thanks
tristian
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

I fyou get mega desperate i might be able to play at some time. Dont have a van but could pick one up off Salford Van Hire and do the dee, though im a bit of a way away from the lot of them in Liverpool! No points on the licens though!
howiedean
My Cars:

Post by howiedean »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by born2die</i>

With access to a transit. I have slipped up and bought a largish item of furniture off ebay and need to get it from there to coventry and I dont think the activa is big enough. I blame my other half for getting auction fever and dropping me in it from a great height. There is lots of beertokens in this for somebody as with 8points on my licence there is no way i can hire a van.
Please somebody help as I have just spent a small fortune on my little one and the activa after she ate the front brakes pads callipers and hubs.
thanks
tristian
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I've just got rid of my estate. I live 15 miles away from Lincoln.
If you get really stuck I could maybe have a look to see what it would fit in. I would not be available until friday or Saturday to deliver though.
Regards
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

Got a van from Salford van hire last week,long wheelbase transit. Ive got six points and it wasnt a problem- they didnt even mention it. I couldnt see anything anywhere saying you couldnt drive if you had over X points... Then again renting van would just be pushing up the cost of your item wouldnt it..not really what you want...
born2die
My Cars:

Post by born2die »

Thats it you see I can get a man and a van to do it for 90 which is the same as hire and fuel. flippin ebay if I am not buying bits for the car and baby then its great hefty lumps that you buy and then tink OHHHHHHHHHHH bugger now how do I get it.
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Please somebody help as I have just spent a small fortune on my little one and the activa after she ate the front brakes pads callipers and hubs.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Can't you feed the little'un on mushy vegetables instead? Its a whole lot cheaper and healthier, and, I suspect, tastier!!!
Seriously, what on earth have you bought?? I have shifted big sofas, dismantled sheds, etc, with a decent set of roof bars- easy on a hydro cit as you can drop the suspension to load up, is it too big for that???
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

[quoteSeriously, what on earth have you bought?? I have shifted big sofas, dismantled sheds, etc, with a decent set of roof bars- easy on a hydro cit as you can drop the suspension to load up, is it too big for that???
[/quote]
A Dyane will cope with a dishwasher or fridge freezer!
born2die
My Cars:

Post by born2die »

havent won it quite yet but it is the mother of all wall units with space for a tv in the middle. Ikea jobby but its one of these if I dismantle it all I will never get it back together again si all I want to do is take apart the briging unit and then its 3 reasonable sized chunks