Northern Meet!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by James.UK</i>

I think we should all try to wear name tags to the next meet, giving a name, type of car owned, and where you are from. I think the Man from Bristol was the "longest travelled" he came in a white BX TD auto..
Several people took photo's at the meeting, any chance you could put them up somewhere for us to see? [:)]
Next meeting in the spring? when its nice and warm [^] Maybe if we use the same place we could all park at the back of the overflow carpark next to each other, that way taking pics would be much easier. [:)].
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Yes, all three of these would be good ideas, James [:)]
ralph
My Cars:

Post by ralph »

The BX Hooligan eh Stewart - even more macho than a BX Hurricane [:p]. But your car's bonnet scoop says it all.
I'll have to try and turn up on time at the next meet - I had to shove my Xsara down a side road since the carpark was crammed with BXs. And I couldn't believe no-one turned up in a Xantia. The times must be a'changing!
Nice to meet everyone, and the motors.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

A very good turnout - where we almost took over a pub car park with (mostly BX's).
A pictue says 1000 words, so here are a few pictures....
Mikes DS
Honary Citroen for the day!
Little BX - a new sport emerges - Citroen car spotting on a Number Plate
Here is my ZX's AX....
ralph
My Cars:

Post by ralph »

Jeezus - I'm starting to get a bald patch!! (That's the back of my head on the second pub pic)
uhn113x
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ralph</i>

Jeezus - I'm starting to get a bald patch!! (That's the back of my head on the second pub pic)
Don't worry about it, Ralph. Facial hair has no real advantages - the lack of it does:
<ul>
<li>You do not have to spend money on a hairdresser </li>
<li>If (perish the thought) you get a eurojapbox with less headroom than a Dyane, pas de probleme! </li>
<li>You are not tempted by buying jars of magic goop to put on it so all take the p**s out of you. </li>
</ul>
ralph
My Cars:

Post by ralph »

Thanks Mike. Suppose it's time to buy a flat cap.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Hey Ralph! I have a flat cap and now need a whippet on a bit of string and a ferret for my top pocket.. Eeee tis grand bein up norf.. [:D] lol..
Loved the Bx 16V btw! toooo effin fast for me though! .. James +16V BX = Bastile.. [:I] [:o)] [V]
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

I think the pics we have were all taken by Marty (box my ears if I'm wrong!) so how about the rest of you who took pics posting them up [:)] If you dont know how, and I dont, [:I] I think there is a detailed description posted in the "Handy Hints & Tips" forum.. Thanks... [:)]
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

Is it just me, or is a late, black DS the most menacing looking car that has ever been made?
One was used a few years ago in a TV advert to do with heart problems (it was looking like the DS was going to run the bloke over, but he collapses instead) and it looked evil!
uhn113x
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by fastandfurryous</i>

Is it just me, or is a late, black DS the most menacing looking car that has ever been made?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
AWU is kind and gentle - she will gobble up motorways in a laid-back manner as all the passengers drift off into the land of nod, and I just relax looking at the speedo at 130kph.
And watching the fuel gauge slowly falling! [;)]
[/quote]
uhn113x
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by James.UK</i>

Hey Ralph! I have a flat cap and now need a whippet on a bit of string and a ferret for my top pocket.. Eeee tis grand bein up norf.. [:D] lol..
Very important not to get these two transposed, James Your voice will go up an octave! [}:)]
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Ooerr thats a good point Mike! I think the ferret is the one with the sticky-up ears and razor sharp teeth innit? [8)] lol..
I'm off down to the south coast for 8 days holiday starting tomorrow morning.. [:)] Myself, Jean, and my sister from London, have rented a 3 bedroom bungalow for a week in Lyme Regis, Dorset. [:)] [8D] I will need my tool box though as my sister has been known to have problems getting her purse to open.. [;)] heh heh.. [:D]
kafkaian

Post by kafkaian »

Lovely DS in all that
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

In all it was a nice afternoon meet up. Looking forward to another some time in the none to distant future.
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

Will have to see how things go with the forum before we plan to meet again!
Thanks to all who did come, personally i thought it was an excellent turn out in the end and some brilliant cars (think the Charlston was my favourite!
As the forum seems to be folding if people are interested in further meets then please email me your address to gsf@bxproject.co.uk and if one does start to emerge i'll email you directly!
thanks again to those who came!
Vanny