Northern Meet!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

May actually not be in my car at all - I may be acting as Chauffer for BX El-Presedente (but if thats the case will still bring allong the dash mat for you to see / copy).
Will bring some BX clun stickers which I will sell at cost (owing to the no postage needed).
See you there.
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

See you there, Marty - just had a 2000 km whizz round Normandy in DS. [:)]
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<font color="purple"><font size="6">3</font id="size6"></font id="purple"> Days to Go.
So lets have a show of (oily) hands then.....
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

"Waves hand in the air" I will be there Marty.
uhn113x
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

Me too - DS21 Pallas IE BVH. Don't panic about slight LHM leak - seals in rotating pinion on rack is a bugger to get at!!
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Sounds nice Mike [:)]
As 'seen one grey ZX seen them all', I may come in the Mazda for a change [8D]
must go slower must go slower must go slower.. lol... [:I]
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Hands currently clean, spanners showing signs of surface rust but I will be there.
Stewart
ralph
My Cars:

Post by ralph »

I'm coming too. You all need educating on the merits of Citroen's most boring car...
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

remember to give you a good stern talking too!
I will be there in the morrow with Ma's AX ( and it has had only TWO women drivers so you can stop laughing at the body work right now!
I will be dropping by the parts depot tommorrow so if you need any BX parts then give me a call on xxxx xxx xxxx in the morning (after 10am!) and if any one has a hub cap for an AX then bring it along!
Will be with Cit flag and BX club stickers!
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Posted up some photos, may be some more to come over on BXCLUB follow this link....
http://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic ... highlight=
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

The Northern meeting was a big success! I didn't count everyone but I think more than a dozen people came and they had a some great cars with them. [:D]
Mike and Mrs from York's came in his lovely DS, I was amazed at how much room there is inside it, loads of legroom for the rear passengers. And well ahead of its time with lots of great innovations. [^]
Marty came in his shiny black ZX, the one with the anti slip mats I fancied, sadly I had to watch them disappear home with him, but there's always next time. His ZX is in super condition, barely a mark on it, it also has black leather door cards with red piping, very posh, they would go really well with my black and red Volcane interior. [;)]
I also had a look at a very shiny black BX, and I mean shiny! the paint on it made the car look as though it was made of shiny black plastic. As I did not know many of the people there, or the names they use on this forum, maybe they would all be kind enough to post on this thread telling us what car they came in, and if they are in any of the photographs? [8)]
I am in the Pic that shows two blokes looking into the engine bay of my grey ZX, I'm the one on the left having a bad hair day (it was rather windy).. lol.. The gent on the right in the pic is from Bristol, he came in a white BX that he fitted with a Turbo diesel driving an automatic gearbox! I didn't think that was possible? but it obviously is. hmmm. [8)][:)]
Stewart was there in his white BX, the one he always says he's working on, but believe me when I had a ride in it a couple of months ago, it went like a bat out of hell!! [:o)] [:D]
Vanny came in his mums lil AX. I rather liked it, think I am getting a soft spot for AX's, too small for me personally, but they are good little work horses and it was nice to see Vanny again..
I will write more later, and hopefully so will some of the others who were at the meet. [:)]
uhn113x
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

A great turnout and nice to see some new faces! I only knew Marty, James and Stewart from the previous do, so it was great to see Vanny, Aron, and everyone else; I can only remember about three names (mine included) [;)]
I wish my ZX engine bay was as clean as Marty's!
Floated back along the motorway at a steady 120-130kmh. Took us 55 mins - 88 kilometres. A DS has to be one of the most relaxing car to drive of all time.
I think this is going to be a regular meet now [:D]
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Yup same here with the names, mind you I only remember mine cos its stencilled inside me underpants[;)] nice to put faces to names though, and wasnt it good to see a bunch of cits all together like that, thanks to Ralph I have decided to name my BX as a new model, the BX Hooligan[:D] Im up for a meet there or anywhere else a couple of times a year.
Stewart
uhn113x
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by oilyspanner</i>

Yup same here with the names, mind you I only remember mine cos its stencilled inside me underpants[;)] <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Mine is as well, Stewart, but it says <b>St Michael</b> [:D] They cannot really know me!
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

I think we should all try to wear name tags to the next meet, giving a name, type of car owned, and where you are from. I think the Man from Bristol was the "longest travelled" he came in a white BX TD auto..
Several people took photo's at the meeting, any chance you could put them up somewhere for us to see? [:)]
Next meeting in the spring? when its nice and warm [^] Maybe if we use the same place we could all park at the back of the overflow carpark next to each other, that way taking pics would be much easier. [:)].