Northern Meet!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by James.UK</i>

What exactly is going on at Embsey on the 17-18th?. Train thing? Craft show? Cit meet?? More info please. [:)]
"Dash top mat, coin tray mat and funny little tape tray rubber mat too!"
Marty? any makers name or ID on them? Cit main dealers say they never made any, and don't know of any aftermarket suppliers either.. [:(!]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Embassy is a 1940's day - was going to be a CCC meet, but thats back to November now, still a cracking day out.
There is a Northern CCC meet in Manchester on the 18th.
The mats are marked Citroen - best thing to do is make a paper template and get some of that rubebr matting from chandelers or caravan shops and DIY - or keep searching the scrapyards!
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by martyhopkirk</i>
Embassy is a 1940's day - was going to be a CCC meet, but thats back to November now, still a cracking day out.
There is a Northern CCC meet in Manchester on the 18th.
Thought Embassy was those little white sticks that the puff'n'cough brigade slowly kill themselves and others with?
The bus museum is a cracking day out - the museum is very interesting indeed, and you get a couple of rides around Manchester and Salford on an old bus. They sometimes show us the restoration workshop - coffee and biscuits are available in the cafe. It is all free!
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
The mats are marked Citroen - best thing to do is make a paper template and get some of that rubebr matting from chandelers or caravan shops and DIY - or keep searching the scrapyards!
Is it that stuff that feels sticky but is not? I have a piece of that, so may take you up on the template bit, Marty.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by uhn113x</i>

[Thought Embassy was those little white sticks that the puff'n'cough brigade slowly kill themselves and others with?
Is it that stuff that feels sticky but is not? I have a piece of that, so may take you up on the template bit, Marty.
Not to be confused with
Rubber things avail for templating - feel free!
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Thanks Marty and Mike. [:)]
I made some rubber dash mats from some anti slip stuff, looks like wickerwork but in black rubber and is sort of stickyish, the problem was that as its about 1/8 inch thick the edges looked a mess, and its almost impossible to taper-feather the edges out nicely, so I gave up on it.. [:(!]
No ships chandlers round here, canal boat yard don't have anything, neither do the caravan makers.. My bro (Lives in Poole) has some very thin stuff used on boat decks, so I will ask him to get me some, it comes in 2 ft widths.. It only costs about one pound fifty a metre so not a problem, they do it in red, blue, or black, I have ordered two metres of black, that should be enough to do about six cars... [:D] [:)]
mattpc

Post by mattpc »

I'm in! Probably bring the missus too. Our fleet currently comprises of some rather modern Citroens I'm afraid.
1999 Xantia HDI SX 135K
1998 Xsara VTR Coupe 51K (Thanks Stuart McB)
Look forward to meeting some fellow sufferers!
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Nice one Matt. Citroens age doesn't matter as long as they dont drink. [;)] lol. [:D]
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

neither do members ages, and im sure i'll be the lamb of the flock (which doesnt mean you have to keep talking about mint sauce!)
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Does someone want to post directions to Rompers again - buggered if I can remember from th last time.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

By Car:
From Junction 6 on the M56, take the A538 towards Wilmslow. 'The Romper' public house is on the left about 900 yds (half mile) down
At the pub turn left, alongside it, then left again into the car park.. [:)]
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Cheers James - see you there!
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

Show of hands, who forgot? Well its in 8days! I'm certainly looking forward to it!
Have sorted a lift there (thanks again for the offers) waiting for confirmation of a return lift! I'm very tempted to go to Bury first and borrow my mates rally slag BX to play with (has tax but no MOT!), but think i'd like a car with an interior!
Anyways, does anyone want any BX or 309 parts while i'm at it?
Loads of 'extras' are coming, obviously the BX Club lot are coming but i think a couple of BX 16v drivers might be tempted and im trying to get another ZX to come too! You just never know!
Oh and btw i'll be drinking since im not driving so anyone wants parts then repayment will probably be in beers :D
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

Just seen this thread, having suggested the general location for the first one, I might actually turn up to the second one !
That's if I've got enough money to put some fuel in the monster ( 405 GTX Auto Est ), and sit the monster in the passenger seat [:)]
You would do it the weekend BEFORE payday though, wouldn't you....
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Will be @ the Transport Museum in Manchester tomorrow too at the CCC meet - all are welcome too.
But looking forward to Rompers. (oooh errr missus)
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Went to the CCC meet today, seemed a good turnout - sadly I had to leave early because of James not really settling in the Museum, and refusing to eat anything on the menu in the cafe. Still, it was nice to see some faces and some nice cars.
Lookind forard to the Rompers meet - where I will be on my jack jones.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Weren't me yer honer, twas Marty's son James.. [:D]
Glad you had a nice time at the CCC meet Marty.. Shame about leaving early but that's kids for you..[:o)]
Be nice to see you and your nice shiny Black ZX at Rompers, the one with the anti slip Dash top mat, coin tray mat, and funny little tape tray rubber mat too.. [8)] [:D] I have still not got my anti slip stuff from my Bro yet. . . . [}:)] [:D] lol..
Be nice to see Mike, Stewart, Vanny and any others that come as well [:)] ..