Northern Meet!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Quote Vanny. "Manchester Airport Visitors Park...Cheap to park, plenty of space, Concorde, and a butty shop which does some nice nosh"! http://www.aeroflight.co.uk/mus/uk/l-m/man_airport.htm
Sounds good to me.. Can meet up at the Rompers as we did last time, it is easy to find and parking was no problem.. [:D] [:)] We might even see the odd aeroplane or two this time. I wouldn't bet on it though.. [:o)] [:)] lol.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by James.UK</i>

Can meet up at the Rompers as we did last time, it is easy to find and parking was no problem..<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> Ermmm - as I recall we never made the airport as we got too comfy in the pub.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

That's very true Marty, [:I] but it still sounds good to me! [:D] [:)]
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

OK by me, folks, so is it a deal? (or a dill, as Mike Brewer used to say on Ch4 'Dills on Wills')
Pity no-one took us up on Embsay!
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by uhn113x</i>

Pity no-one took us up on Embsay!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
17th & 18th Sept is the 1940's weekend and the CCC northern meet - I will be there[;)] I expect you will to eh Mike? Embasy should have a nice GWR Pannier Tank No.6430 on loan for that weekend also. I think Im correct in saying that the CCC meet at Embassy has been shifted to Nov 20th now.
The CCC are meeting at the Museum of Transport in Manchester on Sunday the 18th of September (junction of the A665 (Cheetham Hill Road) and the A6010 (Queens Road). It is at the north end of Boyle Street, adjoining First Manchester's bus garage) - so likely I will be off to Embassy on the 17th and Manc on the 18th - probably in the Xant for Embassy and the ZX for Manc.
Plenty of Citroens abound for that weekend.
Anyway back to the 24th / 25th September - Im free!
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Ok. So to summarise, its Sunday the 25th of September at the Rompers public house, Near the viewing galleries at Manchester airport. [:)]
This leaves us with just the time to sort out.. [:)] We having lunch? Late lunch? afternoon tea? Evening meal?
My vote is for midday ish, say meet around 12 noon-2pm.. But will be quite happy to go along with the majority wishes.. [:)]
And does anyone need a lift? now's the time to sort it out if you do.. [:)]
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

Yep sound good to me!
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Right then, that'll do me.
Will be taking the ZX - so anyone needing a lift from Preston-ish or en route gizza shout.
Dave - what are you doing, takingthe BX or sharing with me?
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

So what time is the meet? 12? 12-30pm 1pm? 1-30pm 2pm?.... If you can all make it, I propose we meet at 1pm, or as near as you can get to that time... [:)]
*looks angelic* [;)]
Marty? so you coming in the nice shiny black ZX with the removeable anti slip dashtop? [}:)] [:D] [:)]
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Dash top mat, coin tray mat and funny little tape tray ruber mat too!
Dont worry will glue them down before I set off!
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by martyhopkirk</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by uhn113x</i>

Pity no-one took us up on Embsay!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
17th & 18th Sept is the 1940's weekend and the CCC northern meet - I will be there[;)] I expect you will to eh Mike? Embasy should have a nice GWR Pannier Tank No.6430 on loan for that weekend also. I think Im correct in saying that the CCC meet at Embassy has been shifted to Nov 20th now.
The CCC are meeting at the Museum of Transport in Manchester on Sunday the 18th of September (junction of the A665 (Cheetham Hill Road) and the A6010 (Queens Road). It is at the north end of Boyle Street, adjoining First Manchester's bus garage) - so likely I will be off to Embassy on the 17th and Manc on the 18th - probably in the Xant for Embassy and the ZX for Manc.
Plenty of Citroens abound for that weekend.
Anyway back to the 24th / 25th September - Im free!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Hi Marty
Probably going to M/cr and Embsay - and of course Rompers! Probably all in DS. 12 ish fine for Rompers - see y'all there!
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Thats settled then,Sunday 25th sept noon onwards at Rompers, can we have those directions again, the old short term memory is still playing up.
Stewart
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

Righty ho then, sunday 25th at rompers, i may need a lift put will choose my victim carefully, i wont take anyone up on there offers just yet as i suspect i can coerse CavemanSi to come (whom incidentally i changed a clutch for on thursday) and as i can walk to his house it seems like a good person to get a lift from! I'm also gonna encourage mrmrwray to come (from the BXClub) as he's in Bury and keen to get out of the house!
If you know anyone else likely to come then spread the message!
Anybody need any BX parts while im venturing up that way?
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

What exactly is going on at Embsey on the 17-18th?. Train thing? Craft show? Cit meet?? More info please. [:)]
"Dash top mat, coin tray mat and funny little tape tray rubber mat too!"
Marty? any makers name or ID on them? Cit main dealers say they never made any, and don't know of any aftermarket suppliers either.. [:(!]