Photo in signature

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by matt</i>

Yeah,i think its aimed at people over 18 due to the amount of swearing!When i said older i really meant older than children,and hey all you old guys out there dont forget your only as old as the woman you feel!!!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Ah - all is clear! (I think)
Surely, though, this particular form of unwelcome illiteracy is practised by the <b>under</b> 18s more, because we stopped teaching our beautiful language in schools?
I must say that, apart from Kenny's opening lines, cleverly disguised, I have never actually heard any swearing on SP.
Or, should we say 'strong language' as the euphemistic PC halfwits would have it. ;)
So, mat or matt - did you sort out the pics?
matt
My Cars:

Post by matt »

Yes,i installed office xp to make the photo smaller,then uploaded it to flickr which seems to be the best place due to the size of file you can upload,then its just a case of getting the [img] right so it shows properly in my signature.I hope to get one of my 405 soon then im happy,[:D] Thanks to all who helped this timmy(timmah) out but i would like to see more photos in other peoples signatures just to see what your all driving[:0]
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

For resising images you can't beat Irfanview you can get it at http://www.irfanview.com/ it's free and only a small download but be sure to get the (bigger download) plugins.
uhn113x
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by matt</i>
I would like to see more photos in other peoples signatures just to see what you're all driving[:0]
OK - Mat/Matt - you asked for it!
One of these:
And one of these:
And a GSA, ZX TD, 2CV. Did not upload this as (A) Jon would shout at me (B) Haven't photographed them yet!
PS - mea culpa - I did not spot that you are definitely a Matt now!
matt
My Cars:

Post by matt »

Very nice,as ive been using this forum i am getting more and more tempted in the way of citroens[?]But the 405 is too reliable to part with as yet +our lass wont let me have 3 cars on the drive [:X] so it looks like window shopping for the time being[:(]
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

That looks a lovely DS
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Actually the Dyane is a belter too. Went looking for one for yonks and nothing surfaced then I bought a BX to play with - thats now providing support for Daves BX.
Think Im going to stick with my ZX and Xant - and out of the two I prefer the ZX.
uhn113x
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

Very nice,as ive been using this forum i am getting more and more tempted in the way of citroens[?]But the 405 is too reliable to part with as yet +our lass wont let me have 3 cars on the drive [:X] so it looks like window shopping for the time being[:(]
They are and were since PSA virtually the same thing, Matt!
Except that identical models cost less for Cits than Pugs, and sometimes have extra bits on Cits(<i>cf</i> ZX)!
Not allowed 3 cars? [:0] You will really have to get a bigger house - this is no good at all to carry on in such a way! [;)]
uhn113x
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by paranoid</i>

That looks a lovely DS
It is - they have to be driven to be appreciated. Hope Northern meet happens - will come in it.
uhn113x
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by martyhopkirk</i>

Actually the Dyane is a belter too. Went looking for one for yonks and nothing surfaced then I bought a BX to play with - thats now providing support for Daves BX.
Think Im going to stick with my ZX and Xant - and out of the two I prefer the ZX.
They are a very ordinary car - you would not look at a ZX twice, but extremely reliable, superb roadholding, and a damn good car. The turbo diesel is <b>very</b> impressive.
There was a nice Y reg Dyane for sale up at Kelso - Ros & Duncan. Bleu Lagune like ours, and had a lot of work done on it.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

You have gone all Stereo there Mike!
Wasnt that Bleu Lagoon in this months 2CVGB mag?
Hmmmm..... Might be getting some back pay soon..... Do I need my gonads?..... Hmmm...
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Marty,
You know who to call if you need a dyane. Fixer upper or ready to rock and roll :-)
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Matt - would love one but
a) dont have the space for another pile of slowly composting Citroen on the driveway
b) like my gonads just where they are for now thanks.
matt
My Cars:

Post by matt »

I do have 1 small space on the driveway but thinking of a 504 pickup project to use for work,(self-employed)what do you think[?]The missus might not like it though[:(!]Has anybody ever owned one of these or suggest something else(french only)[:p]
uhn113x
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

I do have 1 small space on the driveway but thinking of a 504 pickup project to use for work,(self-employed)what do you think[?]The missus might not like it though[:(!]Has anybody ever owned one of these or suggest something else(french only)[:p]
H Van, Matt? [:D]