leak

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ivan olsen
My Cars:

leak

Post by ivan olsen »

Hmm, when you do a search for the word "leak" in the citroen forum, you will get 95 pages of results... I should have done this search before buying a citroen. [:)]
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

it's just a common word, nothing else [:D]
people keep saying it 'cause it sounds cool!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

And Leak made some great valve amplifiers and tuners back in the 60's...
lighteninguk

Post by lighteninguk »

well you could put the model of car you have in the search function as well, eg, "leak xm" or other things like that
ivan olsen
My Cars:

Post by ivan olsen »

i think 406 V6 got the point there... :o) it looks like leak is a synonym for citroens. :o)
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Or indeed many French cars - My Laguna used to leak like a sieve - the secret is lots of little holes to let the water out again.[;)]
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

I drilled holes in the floor of my old Mini to let the water out, It was easier than finding the leaks!
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

The water in my old 950cc mini used to run in through the centre of the window, down through the speedo, and into the tiny ashtray, in the end after trying to stop the leak for months, i just drilled a small hole in the bottom of the ash tray and used some fish tank air line pipe to drain the water straight out of the ashtray and down through a hole i drilled in the floor to outside !!, passengers used to be mesmerised watching the waster come in, run down through the speedo (behind the glass!) and into the ashtray and out through the small silicone pipe !!,
It eventually caught up with me in the end, as the speedo internals rusted and the needle must have siezed onto the cable drive as the speedo needle went round faster than the wheels were turning in the end !!, it used to spin so fast you couldnt see where the needle was!!