Woe,Woe. and thrice times woe.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

A few months ago, some goose in France performed the same stunt with a recent Renault.
Now, Renault is suing him for his troubles. :twisted:
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

I read the BMW story as well, and it immediately came across as a pack of lies- a grown man admitting to blubbering with fear :^o ??, and 130mph my a**e!!

And my mind was cast back to the identical story trotted out by a HGV driver a couple of years back, who had miles of motorway closed by the police to make way for his 'runaway' truck....he was later prosecuted for umpteen driving offences and for wasting police time- I believe he'd had a tiff with his girlfriend :roll:

Lets hope this isn't the start of some kind of trend by attention seeking drama queens!!!
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

BMW/ Driver With No Common Sense !

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Well coincidentally I was also reminded about the LCV (HGV) incident, by this BMW story, and had a search around for a news report about it.

http://www.barnettimes.co.uk/archive/di ... 4.0.0.html

Reading the report there are common factors/details with regard to lack of knowledge about what to do, age, attention seeking, calling the police, etc, etc.

At least the LCV in the previous incident eventually came to a halt, which makes you wonder why this guy with the BMW couldn't bring a mere car to a stop.

Imagine what could have happened if this BMW driver, had been at work driving his LCV it would have been disaster.
Stewart(oily)
My Cars: Citroens since 1990, BX Diesel, GTI, TZD with 1.9 TD running extra boost before it was fashionable!, ZX Volcane TD, S2 Xantia break 1.9TD, Xantia HDI 110, currently zipping about in a C2 Diesel. C2 died from the dreaded worm, C3 Picasso HDI Exclusive, the adventure continues.

Post by Stewart(oily) »

More in need of a shrink than a mechanic I would say in both cases, the level of apparent ignorance is the most scary thing IMHO.
Stewart
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Stewart(oily) wrote:More in need of a shrink than a mechanic I would say in both cases, the level of apparent ignorance is the most scary thing IMHO.
Stewart
I agree in both cases, the driver ignorance level is frankly truly amazing. :shock:

It has been reported that BMW, and the police have independently inspected the car, and have concluded that there is nothing wrong with the car.

So, the problem is with the nut behind the wheel.
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

It has been reported that BMW, and the police have independently inspected the car, and have concluded that there is nothing wrong with the car.
Somehow, I think most people suspected this already :^o

It was his admission to blubbing like a girl that gave it away to me....has this man not heard of the Birken'ead drill................ :!:
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

bxbodger wrote:
Somehow, I think most people suspected this already :^o

It was his admission to blubbing like a girl that gave it away to me....has this man not heard of the Birken'ead drill................ :!:
Well yes, most people would have come to that conclusion, although to find out the results of these independent investigations, does help to have more specific factual information on the subject, instead of assumptions.

This will be a very interesting case to follow when it goes before a court.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

I wonder if any of the police officers involved thought to clock him on a speed camera of any sort? After all the hoo-haa the case caused it would be hilarious if they can't actually prove he was speeding!! :roll:

Personaly I would lock him up somewhere safe, give him an unpaid job making soft toys for deprived children, and not allow him out again without a keeper.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

James.UK wrote:I wonder if any of the police officers involved thought to clock him on a speed camera of any sort? After all the hoo-haa the case caused it would be hilarious if they can't actually prove he was speeding!! :roll:
They only need the opinion of two police officers, a lot of the police seem to be forgetting this one though. :(
f00lzz
My Cars:

Post by f00lzz »

I'm sure I have heard somewhere that the speed limit has to be justified... like 4.00a.m can't be if the speed limit was in force to protect school children. Didn't our Tony Blair have something similar to say about this very thing recently?
Ian
Account Ref: 6419

Current Cars
Nissan X-Trail SVE
Saab 2.2TiD
Merc E270 Estate

Past Citroens
2001 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1999 Xantia 1.9TD
1997 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1995 XM 3.0 Exclusive Estate
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

f00lzz wrote:I'm sure I have heard somewhere that the speed limit has to be justified...
It is.

It's justified on a "we say so" basis. :lol:
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Clogzz wrote:A few months ago, some goose in France performed the same stunt with a recent Renault.
Now, Renault is suing him for his troubles. :twisted:
Clogzz do you have any more information on that goose, and what happened as the information would be useful, and we could all have a gander at it. :lol:
Clogzz
My Cars:

The goose

Post by Clogzz »

Hi ACTIVE8 :D

Wonderful play on words. :lol:

This is all I can find in English for now, though it seems that this instance happened earlier than the one I had in mind:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/10/07 ... c_renault/

Possibly that a copycat came after the goose.
Renault is now suing for the implication, but there has been no outcome yet.
I’ll post any development that I may find.

Regards.
Terry.
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Well it turns out as the speed limit signs on Tower Bridge, were like the speed cameras the wrong colour.

So, there are some motorists who are challenging the signs that were put up, and if they were correct, and legal.

They are taking their case to court later this month.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Drivers kidnapped by their cars is not unheard of here in DK either.

A couple of years ago we had the top story on the 9 o'clock news about a recent GM-Opel turbodiesel that kidnapped its driver. The driver was shocked and scared as he said - and would never, ever drive a GM-Opel again.

It turned out the problem was a burst turbo oilseal on the intake side.

The driver had just accelerated from a green light then the engine went crazy rev'ing. He first tried the "ignition" key - then quickly declutched and braked down - and rushed out of the car leaving it with a screaming engine - for a while :lol:
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image