Found a pic!!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Stinkwheel

Found a pic!!

Post by Stinkwheel »

http://imagehost.darkernet.co.uk/i/1122 ... Image2.jpg
its my old pallas. lovely car [:)][:D][:)]
adamskibx
My Cars:

Post by adamskibx »

Looks nice that Matt:-) You really should get another! I can see your eager
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Eager indeed Adam.
That pic was taken in 2000 outside our old house. Found it whilst tidying the loft up :-)
Im looking but wont buy the first i see, needs to be the right car, saloon and not bothered about spec/engine etc just want the right car,if that makes sense.
See you at Kelso? Just taking a break from finishing the 2CV's service ready for its journey north with trailer tent :-)
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

I bet you wish you'd kept it now.
It's exactly the same age as the CX 25 TRD turbo I have, and looks very similar, aside from the colour. (mine is metallic gold/brown).
Possibly the most relaxing car I've ever driven.
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

This was a real jekyl and Hyde car. It was a 25 pallas ie auto, with the 3 speed ZF auto box.
Relaxed and wafty in top cruising but kick it down and went like hell. (surprisingly, its the only normally aspirated CX I've driven that really went well) It had every single option that could be specified on a new CX in 1985. (including sunroof delete and aircon with full black leather)
Toured Normandie with it late 2000 early 2001. It liked its homeland very much :-)
As you say, another i should NEVER have sold.
adamskibx
My Cars:

Post by adamskibx »

Yeah ill be in Kelso- We should meet up really. I havent got my mobile phone any more as it fell in the River 7! Could I have your mobile number Matt? If you want to get in touch with me ill be available on my mates mobile. Its 07764232152 and his name is Will. Its a mega mission this weekend it really is. Im in Portsmouth at the mo till Friday morning doing some work I failed first time at uni. Then im driving to Leeds for 12 on Friday, meeting my mate in his 2cv , leaving the BX in Leeds and going up with him in his car, then returning Sunday evening to Leeds, dropping my mate whos coming down from Portsmouth with me in Folkstone, then returning back to Malvern in the Midlands! The BX is receiving an oil change first as its now due and ill give it a full check over first so that should be fine; its just the 2CV we've got to worry about as this one seems to have niggly roadside repairable breakdowns all the time! See you there!
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Thats a hell of a job on your hands Adam.
Well I'd give you my mobile but I've lost it too :-) Will keep hold of your mates number just in case. Due to the CX on e-bay we may not be going now. Long story but i cant afford both and Im just deciding which to go for. Watch this space.
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

we are going, but i havent ruled out buying the CX as yet, auction doesnt finish till the day we get back. Continue to watch this space.......
DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Post by DoubleChevron »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Stinkwheel</i>

Eager indeed Adam.
That pic was taken in 2000 outside our old house. Found it whilst tidying the loft up :-)
Im looking but wont buy the first i see, needs to be the right car, saloon and not bothered about spec/engine etc just want the right car,if that makes sense.
See you at Kelso? Just taking a break from finishing the 2CV's service ready for its journey north with trailer tent :-)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Your putting the 2cv AND tent trailer on a much bigger trailer behind the CX right [:p] [}:)] [:D]
It would be a long way towing a trailer with a 2cv ... What's 1st gear top out at ?? 15mph ?? It's a long way to travel at 15mph Image Image Image Image Image
seeya,
Shane L.
adamskibx
My Cars:

Post by adamskibx »

Cool Matt be good to see you there- Ill be in a 2CV Beechcomber A619 BWP, not that thats going to help you as there are 3000 odd cars there!! I should get round the whole lot though over two days as I never get bored of looking at A- Series cars.
Also, when I saw that CX on ebay im sure it had a Buy it Now of £199??? That would have been very cheap for a Turbo 2 but I didnt realise the bidding could go beyond the Buy it Now? Unless the owner removed it or made a mistake with it.
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Were back :-)
Its saturday evening and i didnt see you Adam, sorry. It was bloody good though, a weeks worth of total 2CV and Citroen :-)
Shane,
Yes it was 2CV and trailer tent, its a french thing and weighs 190kgs before its packed with kit. Its 300 miles each way for us and I can say the 2CV (with dyane high comp engine) managed to take us there and back no problems at mostly between 50-60mph the whole time, obviously allowing for some steep hills and speed limits :-)
Watch this space for pics, what fun:-)
As for the CX on e-bay discussions are still taking place with the owner.
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

Am I right in thinking your CX used to belong to a chap called Aidan? If so, I drove it at a Halloween camp in Shrewsbury in 1998 and witnessed a very drunk teacher falling out of the rear window (while stationary luckily!) because she was too drunk to find the door handle...
Drove very nicely as I remember although as with DSs you can't help thinking a few extra cylinders would be nice. What a wafting machine though!
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Thats right Ian,
Was Aidan Rumbles car before it was mine. When he let it go was looking a bit poorly, had work to sills, roof and paintowrk, refurbed alloys and re-charged aircon. It was a lovely car. Its another...........WHY did i sell that car :-)
adamskibx
My Cars:

Post by adamskibx »

Yep it really was good-Im suprised I didnt see you Matt as I kept randomly bumping into a friend when we went off in different directions. My friends Beechcomber only just made it back and then recovered after pulling away from some traffic lights by all accounts- It was the gearbox-It started making a deafening sound on the motorway in 3rd and 4th was loud too- Dont know what it was but it was fine again when he got back. By BX covered 1120 miles in about 4 days without fault and I didnt even know id done it- Such a good car. The only thing you have to keep an eye on is oil level- at above 80 it uses a bit more I reckon, so the guage within the car is handy to have. Its odd as it never smokes like many deisels do, and there are no leaks.
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Yes we kept randomly bumping into people, some i have not seen for years, others that we cant get away from :-) *JOKE* to anyone who may take offence.
Good mileage for the BX that, for the week we figured about 800 miles in the 2CV, with not a single problem, apart from a slightly sticking carb butterfly, but nothing to worry about.
As soon as this acad is gone we will have to discuss moving this dyane.
Im going to push to have the acad collected very soon.