GSA pallas on ebay

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

born2die
My Cars:

GSA pallas on ebay

Post by born2die »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 86176&rd=1
£100 at the moment but will no doubt climb. I Think I am tempted or would that be a rash descision
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I thought that dash was GS rather than GSA - so I learn something every day.
I'm amused that I can't bit - as I don't have the necessary feedback. Strange to exclude potential purchasers like that but I suppose he knows what he is doing! Bit like advertisinbg your car for sale at the roadside without a price!
I suppose its the usual vendor's belief that a person expressing an interest in the car is duty bound to buy it and if he inspects and genuinely doesn't like it he's a timewaster.
I'm not interested (haven't got room) but it looks as though it could be a nice car.
jeremy
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

Restricting it to 10 and over is a bit harsh. I usually state 5 just to try and keep the scammers at bay. I spent most of my first Ebay auction cancelling off dodgy bids from people with no feedback who just want to win and send you a dodgy Bankers Draft so I can understand him being cautious.
If you genuinely wanted it and made contact, he'd probably be ok about it. There are plenty of timewasters and scammers about to try a vendors patience though!
I'm just going to pretend I haven't seen it as the idea of something quirky and aircooled yet quicker than my 2cv really appeals!
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

I've never understood why people restrict their potential bidders to 5 or 10 positive feedback, either!
To my mind, a more serious potential buyer would have zero feedback-to me this means that they don't spend their lives buying all sorts of rubbish from ebay, and have recently registered and are only looking because they know exactly what they want.
The ebay feedback system is a mystery to me, and seems totally useless -to judge a potential buyer or seller you have to be face to face, in my opinion, anyway!!
many sellers seem to have multiples of the same feedback from the same buyer or seller (this bloke has 2 doubles) and why would anyone expect feedback or want to leave any, anyway?
If you buy a car from a newspaper ad you don't put a notice in the following week, do you?
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

OOOhhhhhh Im tempted, sorely tempted.
It IS a GS dash jeremy, only very early 1980/81 model GSA's had this, later they went to the PRN controls.
Its the best GSA to have in my opinion, nice dash, higher spec tuned (non eco) engine.
Someone stop me, please.............
adamskibx
My Cars:

Post by adamskibx »

I love the colour of the interior, well the exterior too. Saw a BX MK1 in that kind of colour the other day in Portsmouth and although you wouldnt really say its a nice colour, it really suits the BX. I expect the MK1 BX could be bought for next to nothing as it was sat off the road on a warehouse car park. If anyones interested ill make some enquires as im down this way for a week or so. Looked lovely and the MK1 is rare.