Who had the idea?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

How many times have you seen a car with a caravan on badly weighed down but just at the back?
Almost any car you see with a caravan on will be low at the back where as a Xantia will stay flat. Its suprising that even big heavy cars that you'd expect to tow without a problem get weighed down, 4x4s and large rear wheel drive cars (e.g. Jaguars).
martyb2
My Cars:

Post by martyb2 »

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kowalski</i>

How many times have you seen a car with a caravan on badly weighed down but just at the back?
Almost any car you see with a caravan on will be low at the back where as a Xantia will stay flat. Its suprising that even big heavy cars that you'd expect to tow without a problem get weighed down, 4x4s and large rear wheel drive cars (e.g. Jaguars).
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Yes, I have to say that towing a caravan with a Xantia is a pleasure simply because of how the suspension behaves itself. I also find the Xantia suspension is brilliant when moving delicate things around such as the antique grandfather clock I tranaported the other day.
Such is the quality of the suspension, a while ago I needed to transport an old and very heavy colour laser printer to it's final resting place. I had help getting it in the boot. One thing led to another and I completely forgot it was in there for days and days simply because the suspension did not let on at all there was an abnormally heavy lump in the boot!
Long live Hydropheumatic... It really is the best way to suspend a car.