Anyone want some cheap coffee beans ?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

adamskibx
My Cars:

Post by adamskibx »

Hello Mosser
I may be interested as im a massive coffee fan. As they are beans, do they need to be grinded and if so what do you use to grind them? I have only had experience of ground fresh coffee or instant so far. Regards, Adam
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

Hi Adam, I have got a Saeco Superautomatic deluxe bean to cup latte maker, i put beans in one compartment in the top, water in the other, press a button and it does the grinding, tamping,wetting and pause, then uses 15 bar of pressure to make the coffee, I then heat and froth some milk in a jug using the steam want and thats it ready to drink, i prefer stainless steel insulated coffee cups as they hold the heat for about 2 hours rather than your coffee being cold after 20 minutes as with a normal cup
I used to use a separate morphy richards £15 coffee bean grinder and it did a very good job, but i did grind some in my parents food processor last week and it did a suprisingly good job considering it uses a blade and not a burr grinder, i used a filter coffee machine as thats all they had, but i'm not really a filter coffee fan, i like my starbucks type latte's !!
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

Hello chaps, no coffee again today [:(] . Some Royal mail driver is probably supping it as we speak [:(!] . Gutted, I never have any luck. Mosser, If i were you I would get a certificate of postage and claim off the next lot - your not doing anything wrong as something has actually gone missing. That way neither of us are loosing out on the deal. Royal mail will then send you a cheque for whatever amount you have said you are out of pocket for (upto £28), theres an online form you use to send off to their customer service. Ive used it two or three times so far and they are quite efficient.
I was looking forward to the coffee all week [:(]
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

No problem, i will post out another bag first class and get a certificate of posting this time and claim like you said, I hope some royal mail driver isnt sipping them, otherwise he might well be looking out for another bag of them !, oh well we will see, I dont usually have problems with first class, they are usually pretty good
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mosser</i>

No problem, i will post out another bag first class and get a certificate of posting this time and claim like you said, I hope some royal mail driver isnt sipping them, otherwise he might well be looking out for another bag of them !, oh well we will see, I dont usually have problems with first class, they are usually pretty good
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Cheers Mosser...Yeah considering the amount of items I send (about 60 a week!) they are pretty good, thats 2/3 missing items out of hundreds and hundreds. Thing is 1 kilo of coffee is not something you can just slip into your pocket so its strange- I can understand small items. It will probably turn up in 2008 or something!
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

Mosser any developments with them beans? Nothing has arrived yet[:0]
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

Sorry, slight delay in me getting to the post office this time, they went this morning, you should hopefully have them first thing tomorrow morning, I forgot to get the cetificate againg though, as my wife posted them for me this time, but i'm hoping that its second time lucky, its fairly unusual that things dont get through first time
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

Cheers for getting back to me so quick Ian, heres the link for royalmail - I think you can still claim even if you have not got a certificate of postage but they may/may not pay out, its an online form, you print it out and mail it to them and hopefully Bobs your uncle.. Wouldnt want to see you out of pocket, http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump ... d=15500181
CHeers
Paul[:)]
born2die
My Cars:

Post by born2die »

that will be one letter I am sure they will lose
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

So, if they have had the coffee away, which seems likely, then there will a few posties that will not be getting enough sleep, and not getting out on their rounds at the right time.
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

Ian , just a quick one to tell you I received the coffee but I have been away in Newquay so have not tried it yet- going to make myself a nice cappucino when I get home I think! [:)] I need something to wake me up after the looooong journey and all that beer!
Cheers
Paul
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

Ahh, good, glad you got them this time !, i meant to ask you if you got them, but have been really busy, dont forget to post back here with an honest opinion of them, even if you dont like them !
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

Top quality beans! Just had a coffee with them now, ground them really really fine to extract as much flavour as poss'. Lovely cup of coffee- think I will be twitching quite a bit for the next couple of hours [:D] Cheers Ian [;)]
Ayari
My Cars:

Post by Ayari »

Any coffee left?
Andi
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

Hi, Yup, down to just under 50 kilos left now !!, so plenty available, £5 +postage per kilo, email me on ianatmosser.co.uk (replace the at with @ !!)