C6 on top gear (UK)

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

I finally got around to watching that episode. I was a bit disappointed - I thought it might have been a road test. Still it was good to see that everyone on the show agreed on how nice it looked, but as they said at the end, it'll probably be a flop...
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

i think it's a bit on the ugly side to be honest, though i did manage to get it on video, it has no audio! If you want to see it email me! though it might be a bit large!
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

No audio? You can make up your own vocals!
Richard - "I'd buy seven of these myself."
James - "Yes, I'd like one in bright metallic green."
Jeremy - "I've already got one on order. I love Citroens!"
Or maybe not...
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

yeah not sure what happened to be honest, somewhere between the PACE box and the very very old computer program that i record with, it lost the audio! Never mind! It also took 4Gb to record 12 minutes, might have slightly too high quality! But practise makes perfect!
bigfrank100

Post by bigfrank100 »

to follow on from yangreen's commentary:
Jeremy - "Why do I always leave a pause and then compare a car with something inappropriate?..........like my wardrobe"
Richard - "Why am I incapable of independant thought when challenged by Jeremy on a subject or why do I just completely change my mind on a topic and say 3 bags full Jeremy, all the time?"
James - "Why am I the token 'nice/posh' bloke sitting between these two"
Jeremy - "How come in an hours worth of programme time we only manage to review 2 cars"
Richard - "But we managed 3 the other week"
Jeremy - "No it couldn't have been (comment about a short bloke)"
Richard - "sorry 2, that's what I meant, yeah definately 2" (serious look)
James - "can we talk about something remotely technical for a second?"
Jeremy - "you mean......................................like a can opener. Because I don't understand anything more technical when it comes to engines or anything else"
Richard - "Yes, me too"
Jeremy - "you too what?"
Ricahrd - "nothing" (sulking)
James - "Right then, time for one review of a car that no one can afford to buy then".....
they need to be careful really, as it's in danger of starting to turn into formula 1
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

I do like Top gear but you do have to approach it in an entertainment light rather than thinking it'll improve your car knowledge! Some of it is fun. I still really enjoy seeing celebrities hurtling around a track in a Suzuki. It's the anxiety as they wait for the lap time.
The Toyota Argos (sorry, Aygo) football was fun too.
As for formula 1, it would start going downhill just as I'd started getting back into it! They should replace the aerodynamic bodies with 2cv bodyshells and fit cannons to the front. That'd really liven things up!
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

formula 1 is boring, top gear is a car show for people who have no idea about mechanicals and bits and bobs. Thats what i think anyway.
I know not of Jezza's mechanical aptitude but Richard Hammond and James May both have good mechanical knowledge. they are both also keen motorcyclists. Hammond owns a 69 Dodge charger 440RT and in my book that makes him a good bloke and May has a collection of classic bikes he's rebuilt himself. There you go, some useless trivia for you :-)
Forth
My Cars:

Post by Forth »

<font color="red"><i>As for formula 1, it would start going downhill just as I'd started getting back into it! They should replace the aerodynamic bodies with 2cv bodyshells and fit cannons to the front. That'd really liven things up!</i></font id="red">
surely it would be archbishops for F1