emails

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Richard Green

emails

Post by Richard Green »

shut down because of insulting abuse emails, im a pro so if I step on feet I have a reason and will mail them if Im wrong, even I make mistake but its rare.
citroenzx
My Cars:

Post by citroenzx »

?
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

? Indeed.
Dont really undertand what you are refering too Richard.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

?
Richard Green

Post by Richard Green »

someone keeps sending me nasty email, im not saying its from here but its always about Citroen so I closed the email opportunity nothing personal it just stops whats not needed.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Yes, I have been receiving a lot of spam. I suspect but cannot prove that it emanates from the Citroen car Club.
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Thats interesting,
Have been recieving some odd stuff on our PC recently. Do not know how or where its from though.
Richard Green

Post by Richard Green »

some people get laughs from smoking drugs to killing whatever "even site killing" sort of sickos, probably had a bad upbringing or something else to blame it on instead of trying to be a part of a team and helping instead of destruction.
Richard Green

Post by Richard Green »

email now open but I will post all nastys on the board from now on.
ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

Why on earth would CCC members send any of us abusive e-mails? I know that most of us don't see Cits through rose tinted specs, and tell it the way that it is, which is a bit different to the CCC attitude which seems to be slightly biased in favour of cits [;)] [;)] [;)] [;)] [;)] ? But nearly everyone on this board is as near a certifiable citroen nut as is possible without the men in white coats coming for us [:D] [:D] we need everyone who loves this marque no matter how disparate our views.
As amember of that other endangered species supporter namely Macs I used to get a certain amount of abuse from PC owners, and again from some mac evangelists who regarded any mention of PCs as some sort of heresy, I stopped posting on Mac boards as a consequence, I do hope that this is not he start of some sort of "we are more genuine supporters of Citroens than you are" argument, it happened in the mac community about 15years ago and the PC world sat back and watched with glee as the self destruct button was pushed.
So to whoever it is harrassing Richard, either stand up and be counted or leave well alone, don't hide behind the anonymityof e-mail, if you've something to say, say it, I don't like it much when I'm wrong but at least it means I don't spend endless time going up blind alleys
Pete
________
Honda ST1300
Last edited by ghostrider on 22 Feb 2011, 06:06, edited 1 time in total.
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

If anyone is receiving e-mails they suspect is eminating from this site, just send a complaint along with a copy of the e-mail, forwarded to the Administrator of this forum for attention and it will be "dealt" with.
We have had a couple of weirdo/bloody sickos on here over the years and recently we had some tosser give me a spray on another board; I had suspicions he may have been one of the whackos I have had dealings with in the past so in that case, we simply altered the ability to post so we get no such thing as a "guest" posting, they have to be signed in and as such we can take action directly against them and as a result the problem stopped.
I doubt anyone genuinely associated with Citroens would lower themselves to this level; this is just some troublemaker having a go.
Do as I suggest if it persists and it will be taken care of.
Alan S (Moderator)
rbruce1314
My Cars:

Post by rbruce1314 »

Might it be worth a poll to see how many posters on this site are also members of CCC? I suspect it's quite a few [8D][8D]
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

As I understand it, the purpose of offensive emails is to offend.. Ignore the idiots, they will soon get bored and move on, the internet is full of all sorts and its up to us to weed out the unpleasant ones.
As already stated, its hardly likely to be a member of this site, just read some of it, the people who contribute to this forum are the salt of the earth, you would have a job to find another forum with a nicer membership, my congrats to the people who post here, and to the moderators who help keep the bad guys out.. [:D] [^]
Richard Green

Post by Richard Green »

as you say its probably some passers by and they get a kick out of it strange people, and since I put the matter to the board no one has sent me any emails of abuse and probably since I said I would post it on the site has put them off and made them consider their actions or just get a life I hope.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

probably a vau*hall owner Richard, I have not noticed any spam increase myself but will post if I get any. This forum is a good one and I doubt any of the members would stoop that low.
Stewart