US GP

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

To quote a rather poor quality film: "He didn't slam into you, he didn't bump you and he didn't nudge you. He rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'"
There are very few cases where drivers actually intentionally take each other out, as they know they'll get fined/banned (and probably get the same done to them in the future!)
gardenpeas
My Cars:

Post by gardenpeas »

i think most of what they show on tv now is cr*p when it comes to motorsport it's all to media and sponsor driven, when a rear hub assembly for a focus wrc costs £10,000 you no it's gone to far
grass roots motorsport is far more exciting touring cars in the btcc used to br good but you need more than 14 cars for a race esecially when a third are honda's and the other third vauxhalls boring
i'd rather see the repeats of 70's and 80's races as i'm too young to have seen these they wouldn't be repeats even to me :)
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">There are very few cases where drivers actually intentionally take each other out, as they know they'll get fined/banned (and probably get the same done to them in the future!)<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Unless, of course, your name is Schumacher and you take out Damon Hill- in which case you don't get banned, you get a world championship!!!!
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

Sidecars- they are mad as, Ive seen them on TV before- its not Wallacce and Gromit style Image
You actually have a guy hanging off the back leaning from side to side to help steer the thing round bends. They have massively wide tyres as well as I remember.. No wonder he nearly chopped his hand off [B)] !!
Gardenpeas - media driven.. agreed. I caught the back end of a grand prix a few months ago and on the last lap they went to a commercial break- Im not even sure if they managed to show the winner cross the line.
Bernie Ecclestone needs filling in as well-far too much dosh. Does he really think all the young birds are after him for his charming personality? Get with it Bernie!
Bit morbid but my sister likes watching the crashes-she says its the most exciting bit. Can anyone remember Brundles Jordan <i>taking off</i> a few years ago? Woooo! Bet he soiled his pants then, just like old Bernie does everyday....