Pay as You go Road charge plans

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

Classic Oscar [;)]
howiedean
My Cars:

Post by howiedean »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by FrenchLeave</i>

"I think you are getting confused, satellite GPS use receivers only and position is calculated by triangulation."
Thank you, howiedean, for explaining to me how a GPS positioning system works, I've only been using it for ten years now on my boat since they switched Decca off. Might I suggest you reread my post. The only discrepancy appears to be concerning the method of information transfer, my only source of information was what I read in the newspapers and I am grateful for your greater knowledge concerning the method to be used - if they can get the black boxes designed and then fitted to every vehicle in England and Wales, the automatic cellphone calling system working and the data centre able to receive and collate the vast input without tripping itself up. As I said, it's political kite flying.
Incidentally, did you notice that Alastair Darling is an MP for a Scottish constituency and his proposed idea won't apply to Scotland?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Sorry FrenchLeave, I read your comments on altering satellites. I thought you meant transmitt back to satellite.
Regards