Aussiefrog visit.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

tomsheppard
My Cars:

Aussiefrog visit.

Post by tomsheppard »

JohnW has confirmed his visit to see the Goodwood festival. For those that would like to extend the hand of friendship, I've provisionally arranged a get together at The Dolphin, Southampton
on Sunday, 26th of June.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

How many hours do you reckon? Preston - Southampton?
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

AA reckons it'll take you 4 hours 9 minutes. In my experience the timings on the AA route planner are just about spot on. It said 4:22 for my trip to Blackburn yesterday and it actually took 4:23, pretty accurate for such a long journey.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Marty, its probably a bit easier if you take the M6 toll road, and go via the M40 Oxford route. I may be interested in going, you plan to go alone? maybe we could arrange to go together? leave your car here? go in mine?
My email is--- Jamesoneuk at aol.com ----plzz email me to see if we can sort something out.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Will try and clear it with the wife - maybe make a weekend out of it?
Oscar Too
My Cars:

Post by Oscar Too »

The services on the M6 toll also have massage chairs at J1 for 5 mins. Well worth it - I reckon they saved me J20 as after a massage I was fit to drive all the way home to Chatham without stopping, after starting from north of Edinburgh that morning.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Marty, yep yep, day return.. weekend... whatever suits you is fine with me..
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by martyhopkirk</i>

How many hours do you reckon? Preston - Southampton?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I've done that journey more times than I care to remember. It used to take 4 hours on the nose every time. Mind you, that was 8 years ago. Maybe using the M6 toll will mean you can still get somewhere near that sort of time.