Drink Driving - I think this calculator is wrong!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

DervDonkey
My Cars:

Post by DervDonkey »

Having just had the roughest day of my life (forget the morning after - the hangover lasted all day) I can now say that these calculators mean diddly squat, at least to me. I don't tend to drink much, or often, so not being used to the stuff it obviously affects me a lot more than say, someone who has a couple of pints of beer a night. As for driving a car, I still don't feel much like driving now!
Maybe I'm just unusually intolerant of the alky, but what little I had made me completely pie-eyed. That's my last (alcoholic) drink for a long, long time...
With reference to "recreational" drugs, which were mentioned, I've got no idea how these affect driving ability - but it can't be good. Kind of difficult to set a limit for drugs - after all, they're illegal anyway, so setting a limit goes some way to legitimising their use. Prescription drugs are probably a worse menace on the roads anyway. Heck, even over the counter hayfever remedies can be dangerous.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Had some fun a few years ago, some friends and I set up the Scalextric, did a few laps each to get used to the thing and then had a few beers, long before we got to the legal drink drive limit we were crashing far more frequently, the effect was sobering (pun intended)
Stewart
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

If you want to check your impairdness, get out the Playstation / XBox / PC Games, play something fast with a lot of stuff going on, you'll quickly realise how impaired you are. I know when I'm tired I don't do so well either.
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

I know someone who "smokes" then goes out in the car, goes round roundabouts the wrong way, drives far too close to ditches, and still has a clean license.... god only knows how.