Berlingo v Kangoo

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Berlingo v Kangoo

Post by Stempy »

How similar are they? The reason I ask is regarding the fitting a cruise control, which I am led to believe is just a matter of fitting the control and reprogramming the ecu on the Berlingo. It's a 1.6 petrol BTW.
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

I had cruise put on my HDI which was as you say just a case of fitting the switch then getting the ECU reprogrammed.
As far as comparison betwen the Kangoo and Berlingo is concerned I found the Kangoo to be rather expensive, basic trim inside and the exposed runners for the sliding door looking very 'van like' so I bought a Berlingo.
So far I'm very pleased, particularly with the 'Desire' pack which gives you front armrests, 'Modutop' roof and picnic tables in the back.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Richard Gallagher</i>

I had cruise put on my HDI which was as you say just a case of fitting the switch then getting the ECU reprogrammed.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Richard - is this possible on the Xantia HDi? (90BHP) I only ask as Cruise would be fantastic when towing up to Penrith late on a Monday evening. I was always led to believe it wasnt possible on the Xantia.
<i>EDIT:</i>
Just priced up the bits on Pr.net - Jesus wept- <b>£445 inc VAT</b>. And thats before any ECU reprogramming. Looks like I will be scouring the scrappys then.
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

Ouch! It cost me about £140 all in if I recall correctly.
As far as parts were concerned it was just a new switch and the lower column housing, which if I was doing the job personally I wouldn't have bothered with as I would just make the cutout myself.
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Guess I need to find out if the Kangoo is fly by wire, I'll have a look under the bonnet for the missing throttle cable!