Mountain Bike Forum

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

citroenzx
My Cars:

Mountain Bike Forum

Post by citroenzx »

i've built a new website for people interested in mountain bikeing, bmxing, jumps, racing, slalom, etc.
the main website is in the process of being built but the forum is now running [8D]
have a look
visit http://www.treesdontmove.co.uk/forum
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

Hah trees dont move, yes tell me about it! I was mountain biking on a downhill course in January 2004 and stuffed it on a bit I had been down 5 times that day. Cue snapped collar bone and being stuck in the middle of a forest! I thought it was my frame that went at first as it was so loud when it went heh! Had to ride out 1 armed and my friend went and got my car. Took me a year to recover as the muscles died so much! Just when I started riding again I did my lower right rib cage in so now ive taken the opportunity to take my bike apart for a full on service with half new bits etc, tis almost done now :) Will take a look at your site and may be off on a gentle ride this weekend
citroenzx
My Cars:

Post by citroenzx »

I can certainly understand that, not first hand thankfully. last week at my local trails a guy went for hight on this mini gap jump, nose down to come into the bomb hole, straight into the back of the down slope! we just heard a scream and when we went over to help we found that his elbow as dislocated and come through the skin! not good when trying to get your own confidence up!
Join the forum and get your riding buddies to as well, apart from the MBUK one i've been unable to find any decent UK communities so i created one! [:D]
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

I've got a K2 5500C , bet no one knows what one of those is!!
I used to ride it daily till i got married and had kids, now i never find the time, it now just sits in the utility room and only comes out for a polish once a month, never gets ridden anymore sadly
p20

Post by p20 »

If you want the best forum to promote your web page, try http://www.singletrackworld.com/. Best and the most popular mtb forum. My homepage.[:)]
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

Not heard of a K2 but ive been out of the scene for a fair bit. Bet my bikes even rarer. A 1992 Breezer Lightning Pro as made by Joe Breeze who made the first mountain bikes so quite special! :)
citroenzx
My Cars:

Post by citroenzx »

cool it's always good to have a rare bike, having people come up to you and asking 'is that a ....??'. like having a rare car.
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

Yes and bizzarely when voting the other day I turned around to leave the hall and spotted a Breezer Storm in the corner! so went and spoke to the owner. Hes had it since 1992 as a daily commuter! As for cars yes, I got a lot of satisfaction leaving my Visa bonnet open at both events this weekend as you get people sniffing around and asking how on earth I got that engine in there etc :)
citroenzx
My Cars:

Post by citroenzx »

I went to the GTI International show on bentwaters air base, just oposite where i live. there was a MK2 Golf there with an R32 engine in it! (are we going off topic here, i dont want to be locked by Jon [;)])