FAO Active8

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Stuart McB
My Cars:

FAO Active8

Post by Stuart McB »

Sorry mate about the last post [:(]. Was't having a pop at the post. The Why was intended for the 'segway'.
I read somewhere that even the inventors design and sales team weren't sure for what purpose the travel system could be used for on a day by day basis. Saw one in the flesh in Birmingham on a demonstrator day being used to make the public aware of how dangerous this kind of pavement / road transport could be if not used correctly.
My opoligies if I offended you. [:(]
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Hello Stuart McB. Sorry for not replying to you before now, but I've had to prepare for, and attend a job interview so have only just now returned to the forum, and seen this post.
Your reply to the post on the Segway was ambiguous, and I must admit that I while in preperation for the interview, was surprised with the ambiguity.
I now can see exactly what you actually meant mate, and would like to thank you for the explanation. [:)]
I thought that the post might be of interest if any forum member might be in Paris, and would like to try out something different. It could certainly be a surprise for a friend, family member or date. [:)]
I think as a travel system the Segway struggles to compete with other modes of transport, and falls into the same category as the Sinclair C5.
Although as a novelty, and different thing to hire, and try out where you are allowed to, then in that respect I suppose it has found a niche market that works for it.
Apparently they are easy to ride, and control although when George Bush tried one out previously he managed to fail to understand how to control it, [xx(] and succeeded in falling off a Segway. [:)]
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ACTIVE8</i>

although when George Bush tried one out previously he managed to fail to understand how to control it,
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
It has to be said though... George Bush fails to understand how to control an awful lot of things [:D]
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by fastandfurryous</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ACTIVE8</i>

although when George Bush tried one out previously he managed to fail to understand how to control it,
It has to be said though... George Bush fails to understand how to control an awful lot of things [:D]
Well yes I agree with you on that, and a certain politician here was said to have something of the night about him. While George Bush has something of the incompetent about him, and maybe he should appear on the "Simple Life" with Paris Hilton. [:)] [:D]
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

I saw a programme the other night about the C5. It apparently has become a design icon. It is again being looked at by the likes of Honda inconjunction with it's dual fuel cars. They were showing a small 2 seat vehicle for delivery routes in Japan.