BX GT Digit collected today - Now with 'Photos

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

I'm surprised to hear the wings are still available - they are probably the most Mk-1 specific item, as they have to accomodate the smaller Mk-1 indicators. I wonder if these indicators are still available?
From time to time a few BX Mk1 parts seem to turn up on ebay as new-old-stock (notable door mirrors).
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

The guy I got the car from had replaced an indicator due to damage (the one in the photo actually) not that long ago, so I guess they can be got. The price for the Wings was something like £130 each. Tad expensive methinks.
Just got your emailed scans of the Digit information. Looks like I shall have to brush up my french somewhat! Thanks for those.
David.
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

Furry, do you think you can send me a copy and i'll ge tthem on a webpage somewhere?
BX-Basis
My Cars:

Post by BX-Basis »

Items like wings and indicators for a MkI are very easy to get. The wings are even available at free parts manufacturers. My father bought a set of new wings for his MkI one year ago for only 60€ on eBay. It's very much harder to get things for the interior/dashboard. Most items are no longer available, even for the MkII if it's another colour than black.
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by vanny</i>

Furry, do you think you can send me a copy and i'll ge tthem on a webpage somewhere?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Of the information DLM has sent me? Of course. I am planning to host it myself at some point, along with the Peugeot parts catalogue, but I haven't gotten round to it yet! Server is just sat here doing nothing more than hosting some pictures for this fourm. Ah well. Like all good things, it has "potential"
David.
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

I meant more the things BX Basis has sent! I have an old school BX manual :D (sorry, but i confess to owning three!) i have loads of active webspace and a large amount of it will be 're-coned' soon so it would be nice to add a Digit section along side the 4tc, Evo and Evo2 sections!
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Just got your emailed scans of the Digit information<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Hope what I've sent is of use: it was done in rather rough and ready fashion. I think there are some other bits and pieces that are relevant: I'll send them on as soon as I can. You could try something like the babelfish translator if the JGPs are up to OCR-ing.
I've been experimenting with a couple of evaluation/shareware/demo OCR packages on some PDFs and JPGs of BX stuff and the results are mixed, to say the least. Garbage in, garbage out seems to be the usual order of the day.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

The only bit of OCR software I've found that works is something called ABBYY finereader. I originally got it on a free temporary download (30 uses or something) and eventually was offered a disc for £10 with something else by Serif who had it on special offer at the time - needless to say I bit their arm off having been looking ofr a stockist and prepared to pay £70 for it.
It really does work - originates from russia or eastern europe and you can get an add on for 76 Cryllic languages if you like! However now comes from America.
Excellent product
jeremy
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

I Use OmniPage Pro, and generally find it to be REALLY good, it can even recognise my hand writing without too much difficulty, however it's a high priced package and i dont think it would take well to Haynes manuals with all the funny symbols and pictures etc. Would it not be possible to stick them into a PDF?
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

I'll take a look at the packages mentioned. I was keen to see whether there were any possibilities for producing better PDFs, databases or text versions of somne of the many BX resources around. As I used to work with large text databases it annoys me that some of the text isn't indexable/searchable at present.
adamskibx
My Cars:

Post by adamskibx »

I havent read every post on this so you may already have one but I thought id point out that there is a BX DIGIT brochure on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 36301&rd=1
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Interesting.
But. I have seen the contents of this brochure (online.. somewhere) and there's not that much info to be honest. Instead, I've just bought (for about the same cost as this brochure) a continental "BX 19 || DIGIT" badge. I'm wondering if I should fit it to this car to make it just that little bit unique. Or maybe cut both it and the badge I have to make it read "BX 19 GT || DIGIT" Hmmmmmmm.