4Car 100 Greatest Cars

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

dillosk8ter
My Cars:

4Car 100 Greatest Cars

Post by dillosk8ter »

The results are in, apparantly the British public rated the Calibra ahead of the Traction Avant, the SM faired even worse and is slagged off in its desription....DS not doing as well as I thought (no.22)....nearly all of the top 20 are supecars and the Greatest Car is the Mclaran F1. Get kinda fed up with the most important criterea when reviewing a car is top speed, 0-60 and how fast it can be flung round an airfield. Prob not a popular view among car fans but we need to remember that fuel is a finite resource and I actually believe that 'pointlessly powerfull' cars e.g larger Jaguars, Rolls, Ferari, Lambo, Range Rover etc should be very heavily taxed if not banned in the future. I think people car argue that they are things to aspire to, admire etc but the flipside is that all the very large engined cars are swallowing up fuel resources that could be more evenly shared out among the rest of us, theres also the pollution issue...don't even get me started on the USA1!!!![}:)]
Im not trying to say that we should all drive Smart cars and the like cause thats just not practical but I do thing that continuing with massive engines is irrasponsible and selfish. Rant over[:D]
lighteninguk

Post by lighteninguk »

ah hum... like those 4 x 4's that drive around on the school run, seen a few round here with low profile (eg about 2cm rubber) tyres on bigger rims, seemd realy pointless to me, you know, you get a 4x4, and adjust it so you wouldnt realy beable to take it on a proper muddy farmers track or something, thats one of the things that wind me up....
mind you i suppose they say they probably use it for towing their caravan.... i recon i should point them in the direction of you guys with your oil burning BX's :P
dillosk8ter
My Cars:

Post by dillosk8ter »

Same goes for my 80 year old Grandfather, for years he had a 3ltr Shogun PETROL recently changed for new Ssanyong Rexton 2.7TDI; a very nice car but an 80 year old man doesn't need it?!? but at least its diesel i suppose..he said he needed the car cause it was easy to get in and out of with his dodgy leg, I thought a tall car like Belingo would have suficed. Then there's the impact of a 4x4 accident on pedestrians and normal cars which are lower....
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Not Ken Livingstone, are you? A man who can't drive, lives on a tube line and bus route,seems to think everyone else does, and hates cars with a vengeance-especially 4WDs. Mind you, I do tend to agree with the pointlessness of big engines.
The biggest cause of pollution however is ignored by our government and all the others -jet aeroplanes pumping tax free filth straight into the air. But then we all like our cheap flights.