UNCLAIMED VEHICLES

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Post by DoubleChevron »

I agree with ebaying these cars. Old Rovers aren't really for me, but the idea of that perfect looking car (just look at it's interior --no doubt still the factory trim) being crushed is just disgusting.
The car in question could have even been given to a Rover Museum for safe keeping. I betcha there's no others like that left in the UK (it doesn't even appear to be rusty !).
seeya,
Shane L.
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Tell you what though; 43 years of baked beans for breakfast took it's toll by looks of things.[:D][:D][}:)]
Alan S
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I betcha there's no others like that left in the UK (it doesn't even appear to be rusty !).
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
They are still pretty common in the UK, and there are probably a lot more of these left than CX's- I still see several in daily use. They are very strong, but, like madasafish says, absolutely slurp the gas down due to the weight!!
They were used right up until until the early eighties as transport for high government officials and captains of industry,and in old footage of maggie Thatcher you often see her getting out of them outside No10. There was also the "coupe" version, which was a bit of a contradiction in terms as they still had four doors..........