xantia insurence!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

xantia insurence!

Post by ActivaV6uk »

This one comes up pretty frequently but I’ve checked mine today and I’m over the moon with the prices...
I'm 26 and own 2 Xantia’s, a V6 and a 2.1 (both to be Activa’s). I’m looking at starting up my insurance on these cars soon so i can build up my no claims.
the prices i have are:
£900.20 for an Activa 2.1 TD (1 group below a VSX in case any one wondered and this one is rated at 140BHP chipped which is staited on the insurence)
£940.86 for an Activa V6 3L. (1 group below a V6 exclusive)
So at 26 those are pretty steep? Not considering I’ve not got a full licence! I’ve been banned (for 12 months in the last 3 years)! And I’ve been done for due care and attention in the last 3 years...
The reason for the above is that I didn’t want to drive when I was younger then took lessons (45 - I’m dyslexic so something’s don’t come naturally) and had an accident in my BX on my own (yes I was THAT stupid (and a £27,000 bill later don’t I know it)). anyway since then I've purposely waited un till I hit 26 to get my full licence and get on the road (that’s why I’ve been able to strip my cars with no worries of it inconveniencing me). so as of next month I will have insurance, and as of the middle of June I will have a full licence!
Andy
P.S. the Activa’s have a lower insurance rating in the UK because the system is considered a safety feature.
dillosk8ter
My Cars:

Post by dillosk8ter »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">had an accident in my BX on my own (yes I was THAT stupid (and a £27,000 bill later don’t I know it)).
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
How did you get a bill for £27,000?!? My cousins in trouble, picked up new car (Nissan 100NX), his 1st car, over Easter weekend. No insurance, lost control on country lane near his house. Luckly everyone concerned was ok, smashed into another girls Corsa writing both off!! Has to pay to replace the girls car plus his own.
ActivaV6uk

Past cars
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

yup thats about the sum of it. i hit the back of a 2 day old Vectra V6 totaly writing it off (its the one i mentioned in your thread xantia buying thread) the vectra and my car also damaged a 306 so the bill is for a new vectra, 306 body work and every one involved cashing in for wiplash (one person was at home and sufferd it (i.e. wasnt in any of the cars)) lost earnings and distress caused by the acsedent. it happend on the old A34 by cheverly. 9 am some prat parked a moving lorry on the side of a lane (on perpose), the traffic qued back to a blind corner and the road is national speed limit. i was breaking from 50 and with only 2 cars lenghts notice i couldnt do much bar kill my self and the oncomeing trafic, go up the bank and flip the car, hit the back of the vectra head on and probably die in the process. i picked option 4, clip the vectra miss the oncoming trafic and place my self in the midle of the road, which i did perfectly... (whshed I had picked an option that killed me after I got out of the car).
At the moment I'm sorting out the bill with luck i wont lose the house over it or have to go bankrupt but you never know...
Andy
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

So, there could be two unique Activa's for sale in the near future....
ActivaV6uk

Past cars
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

If i go that way i will transfer the V6 to my dad and either transfer the 2.1 to the wife or to vanny should he want it...
Andy
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

with insurabce prices that low i probably should, but i've got a car and tax fro the year at least now so i can stick with the tank :D
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

I have to admit, I would prefer a 2.1TD over the 1.9TD I've got now and an Activa would be an experience, but alas it'll cost money I don't have to spend and insurance won't be as straightforward as it could be with it being a unique car. I can dream I suppose, of Activas, HDIs and C5s.