Fiesta haynes

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

np
My Cars:

Fiesta haynes

Post by np »

Ok,sorry it`s not french.Has any body got a B.O.L`s for a Ford Fiesta?Or know of the OHV engine?
On the rear of the engine above the oil filter is what i presume is the oil pressure switch,single wire going to it.24mm spanner size.Can anyone confirm this,as my wifes car has a bad oil leak coming from it.Also the oil light does not work.
Thanks
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

Can't confirm Neil but it's got a line drawing showing the filter/oil pump ass. being removed with a single terminal sensor next to it.
I would say it was the oil pressure sensor as the water temp. sensor would be on the head.
One way to check, remove the wire and earth it on the block. If the lamp and wiring is ok then the oil light will come on proving the swich to be faulty.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Ok,thanks Bernie.I`ll try the earth trick.Been out all afternoon,took the Fiesta.Oil leak seems to have stoped now(i undid the switch & did it up again).Still burning the oil off the exhaust,the whole front underside is cover`d in it.It seemed to drip from the switch,onto the oilfilter,then underneath.A right mess,& quite a bad leak.You could see the oil dripping as soon as the engine was started.Will keep my fingers crossed!Looks like a new switch though.
Thanks again.[:)]
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

I think I still have a Fiesta BOL if you haven't sorted your problem out yet.
FrenchLeave
My Cars:

Post by FrenchLeave »

At least you shouldn't get any underbody corrosion.
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

When you get a tiny oil drip and good airflow you can get a really big mess.
Its even worse when its black diesel engine oil.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Been using the Festa this week as mines buggerd.Been leaking & burning the oil like nobodys bussiness(?).Put a new switch on it today,looks like the old one was leaking.Oil light now works,so hopefully problem is sorted.
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

Well, if you WILL own a "Fix Or Repair Daily" [:D][:D][:D]
it sounds like you've found the problem. My ex's ford Ka(ck) had a similar problem a few years ago. The switches are made of the cheapest of cheap crappy "****" metal, and can split if overtightened.
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

ooh! I got censored! oops! that's a technical term too. "sh!t" metal is an accepted engineering term!
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Well regarding the censoring, fastandfurryous. I posted a reply on another forum, and I typed in about being "P*55*D OFF" about a particular thing that had happened to me.
I posted the details, and looked at it a while after posting to see that the quoted words above, now appeared as <font color="yellow"> "wee weeed off" </font id="yellow"> this made me, and the other half when I showed it to her, burst out laughing. [:D] [:D] [:D]
The thing is I typed it in directly without editing it, whereas here I have edited it with an asterix or two, and the number five, with the yellow colour for comic effect, in the first paragraph. The change made by this other forum, which I think picks up on certain key words like that was automatic, and I think the word was edited as it appeared on the thread. This made the post read differently.
It's good that there are controls in place, but it should have been done with *** etc, as it would have still got the point across, without changing it, and giving it a different tone, and meaning. I.E from [:(!] [:(!] [:(!] to [:)].
weety
My Cars:

Post by weety »

you have to be carefull with spell check on the computer as well.....we had an angry phone call from a woman complaining we were extracting the urine out of her...her name was Mrs Dunde or something like that my spellchecker had changed it to Dundee Cake (i dont know why i assume someone had added it to the spellchecker) and lo i posted a letter out to a Mrs Dundee Cake.... (i was very tired and i think i had been down the pub that lunchtime)
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Leak is fixed.Done 100 miles since i fitted new sensor,no more oil.All burnt off exhaust now so no more burning & smelling.
alexp-j
My Cars:

Post by alexp-j »

The coolant temp sensor is definitely on the the front of the block just under the Thermostat. The one on the Mrs' car is knackered so reads absolute zero all the time.
I would therefore assume that the sensor on the rear is the oil switch as there aren't that many warning lights on the dash.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

As this is the Kent engine, the sensor with the 24mm spanner/socket size is the oil pressure switch/sensor, and is tapped into an oil gallery on/near the oil filter housing. The temperature sensor is mounted near to the thermostat, and is a much smaller sensor/switch.