New car and it ain't French.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Stuart McB
My Cars:

New car and it ain't French.

Post by Stuart McB »

Soory to do do this to you guys 'n' girls, but sat on the drive is the new car. A bright red Mazda 323F 5 door coupe shape, not the pop up head light model. Full service history, 1 owner and all the bits in electric,, mirrors, windows, sunroof etc. [:D] Just couldn;t get the wife to look at any Xantia's or C5's. Can't afford a C4 yet so this'll do for time being. I'll post a picky later on when I can figure out the camera. Still got the Reno and it's going great after it's service. The good news is I get the Reno in few months time when the wife can't fit behind the wheel (baby forces hubby to have car)[:D]. Had a look around the garage and I ain't got much Citroen stuff to pass on let alone sell. So it's a lot more viewing then answering with previous knowlegde of Citroens. [:D]
dillosk8ter
My Cars:

Post by dillosk8ter »

Those 323f's are great cars and look cool. Whats it like to drive?
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

I had the older model 323f 1,600cc fi 16v auto with pop up lights.. Nice looking car, very quick, and very reliable, but - - -
Was in Cumbria, coming down the M6 one evening, not much traffic, blowing a gale sudden heavy showers now and again, I was between showers and over the limit by about 20mph.. A big cloud came up and made it go quite dark, the mazda is low on the road and was dark blue in colour, so I switched the lights on to make me more visable to others drivers.. that was a mistake! big mistake!! the car suddenly became so light on the steering I almost lost it completely!!! I slowed down as quickly as I dared and it seemed ok again at around 60 ish.. The facts seem to be that at speed in bad weather conditions that car becomes very very unstable with its big headlights in the "up" position.. They tend to lift the nose of the car and its a very scary feeling!!
The strong headwind was abviously a contributing factor. But I would never buy another car with pop-up headlights.. [}:)]
I got rid of the car for that reason, shame thou as I did like the car, is was a bit urgent. [;)]
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

Lots of cars with popup headlights have problems with the front end producing lift with the lights on.
Neither the Ferrari F40, XJ220 or Bugatti EB110 had popups for that reason...
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

I refer to my supras headlights as its airbrakes :)
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

The drive is great. Sticks to the road like s**t to a blanket. The wife drove today as it went back to the dealer to have the A/C sorted out. Not my problem as it's covered by the warranty. Should do for the first 12 months of the new baby. Then I'll try for a Xantia again.
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

Are you sure you don't want a BX, they are all the rage these days AND they've got room for a growing family too!
You sound just like a BX GTI man!
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

LOL Very much, what about a TD Brake?
Stewart
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

Odd about the pop-up headlamps issue. I used to have a Fiat x1/9, and it made absolutely no difference to the handling or speed of the car with lamps up or down. (that is, when they actually worked, and came up!) I still find it funny that if you flashed your headlamps during the day (with the pop-ups down) the lamps flashed, but no-one could see them! aahhh bless the italians. "eeet geeevs zee car kar-ak-tur" [:D]
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Love the Italian / French bit there.