Spring/summer meet North area?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

James.UK
My Cars:

Spring/summer meet North area?

Post by James.UK »

Noggin sounds good to me Stewart.. The pesky Aura never seems to put a foot wrong! It came from near you? A garage in Market Drayton? but was owned by a woman Nr Whitchurch apparently.
I will be in Lyme Regis (Dorset), 23rd April for a week, other than that anytime suits me. [^]
If its dark when we set off home after a meet, Vanny may not notice his car interior changed while he was in the pub [;)] [:o)]. Dave? you listening? wheels could be in jepardy too huh? lol. [:D]
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Sounds good to me.
Date & Venue needed - we never quite made it to the air museum last time, I seem to remember the pub getting in the way a bit.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Yes but it was dark and I get scared, how about meeting at the same place? everyone found it and with the light evenings a weekday evening might be possible? either that or its round to Martys place for a BXathon, (lets hope not)[8D]
Stewart
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

I'm up for a bit of a meet up, Manchester Airport again? Or how about the Manchester Museum of Science and Industry? Losts of mechanical stuff in the power hall, and a decent building full of planes and stuff. I think it's free entry but you pay for parking. Or are we just up for a few pints and a natter?
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

As Manchester airports only a 20 minute drive for me I will happily go along with whatever times--dates you decide on.
Erm last time I followed Stewart from the car park, or thought I had.. lol. The car infront left me standing and I drove hundreds of yards before I realised I hadn't come in that way, and had to turn round and go back, not easy in that narrow lane!!.. whoops!!.. [:I] lol.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by oilyspanner</i>

either that or its round to Martys place for a BXathon, (lets hope not)[8D] Stewart<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> Wife has given me 2 months to get BX roadworthy or it must go - she does not want it "littering the driveway".
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dave Bamber</i>

Or how about the Manchester Museum of Science and Industry?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Nice enough - plus plenty of pubs nearby in Castleford (though getting a bit "trendy"). Spent 6 happy years knocking round Manchester before I came to my senses and came back home[:)]. Theres an excellent Irish bar somewhere just off Deansgate - problem is I was too list as a newt last time I went to remember exactly where.[:(]
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

Whats this talk of Manchester being in the North??
It's a three hour drive in a southerly direction for me and Newcastle has a perfectly servicable science and technology museum. The Discovery Museum even has the first steam turbine ship in it, the Turbinia....
There is also an air Museum within spitting distance of the Nissan plant, there they've got a Vulcan bomber. Its a bit of a surreal moment when you drive past and can see a Vulcan bomber parked in a field.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

To date we have failed to leave the pub we met at [:I], once comfortably seated and chatting merrily away, drink in hand, no one wanted to go anywhere, [8D] is there some reason to believe it will be different this time? [:o)] heh heh..
And it eliminates a poss evening meeting?
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

hmm, the long weekend is right out for me as i'll be at FCS! (end of may), from the tenth till the 20th ish i have exams which again rules out the front half of May. 22nd of april (weekend) is BUSA so i'll probably be upside down in a plastic boat trying to get upright and represent the uni. Which kinda leaves the weekend after this one, but i'm not sure if i'll have the car, and if i do im likely to go visit andy!
Unless we have it on a weekday evening!
Im happy to travel a little further than Warrington or Manchester (Fleetwood maybe [:D]), and if its a week night and not a thursday i can probably do it, though i might not be able to stay long!
I would like to actually make this one though!
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

Yeah, the pub idea does seem to appeal more....
If you come Vanny, I'll be bring your tools for you.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Vanny, if we can make the meet at Rompers nr Manchester airport.. The same place as last time.. I will pick you up and drop you off afterwards ok..
Give us an evening (time-date) when you can deff make it... ?? [:)]
But I repeat,, I am going on hol 23rd April for 8 days... Other than that anytime/day is ok with me.. [:D]
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

any body fancy playing cars this sunday in Heswall, Wirral? Nice warm heated garage and everything! Plenty of tools and BX spares, oil changes while-u-wait! I've got a slightly poorly BX TD that i could do with a second or third opinion on! I'll post more on it in the Citroen Forum. There are pubs nearby but there not much good!
James, thanks for the offer but unless its in the next 8 days i'm likely to have a car, and having not driven anywhere for a while i'm likley to offer Mr B a lift so he can have a drink :D
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

In the midst of fitting French Doors TO THE HOUSE! Not Citroen ones either otherwise I would be over there in a shot, a weeknight looks potentially possible.
Stewart