So what wheels are going to fit my new BX

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

martyhopkirk

So what wheels are going to fit my new BX

Post by martyhopkirk »

Its got very boring steel wheels and naff wheel trims.
Would 1.9 Pug 205 GTi alloys fit?
Suggestions for something different are more than welcome.
Ta, Marty.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

The Pug ones will fit, as will the 15" ones from 406s etc,Volcanes etc 6" wide rims will go on, BX GTI steels were 5.5 inch wide and were fitted to some 405s might make tyres easier and cheaper too, I had problems finding 195,60,14s for the BX from my local part worn place, ended up buying new uniroyals, can drive aroundroundabouts without sliding now;D
Stewart
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

I put Uniroyals on the back of my Xantia, Ralleye 550s and it stoppped the ABS from comming in over manhole covers in the wet. Previous Contis are on the front now.
Jon

Post by Jon »

You can fit anything from Citroen or Peugeot with 14 or 15 inch, 4 stud wheels, the exception to this rule being the 206GTi which has a different offset. I've personally fitted in the past ZX 16v 15" wheels, and the 15 inch wheel from the 205/309 1.9 GTi, which looked neat. I used 195/50/15 tyres in both cases. The PCD for most Cit/Peu wheels, together with the offset is generally the same, so aftermarket wheels such as TSW and the like can also be fitted if they are listed for the 205/306/405 etc etc.
I have run some TSW Blades using 205/45/16's on a BX 16v but it was tight squeeze between the arm and the wheelarch. Just now I have some 6J BX 16v alloys running 185/60/14's on the TD instead of the standard 195/60/14's (on cost grounds, 185/60/14 is cheap and plentiful).
The only real thing to worry about is that your rear arm bearings are in good order, as all of the above will all rub if they ain't!
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Bid on a set of 205 GTi (1.6) alloys on ebay which will get painted up white if I win them. Mind you not realy that keen on a white BX - actually quite like the maroon colour of the bumper. But a total respray is out of the qustion. Dave says that the green screaming thing (aka the advert)will be me when I peel back the boot carpet.
Rear arm bearings were supposed to have been replaced about 18 months ago - apparently there is a receipt for this! We will see.
Eeeeh, I cant wait till Saturday.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Never peeled back the boot carpet on mine......MOT in the morning, piled loads of work gear in the boot, that`ll stop him, I take your point about white ones though, thorough waxing seems the order of the day, otherwise ...my old white one went a sort of cream/brown colour.
Stewart
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Did a similar thing when the building inspector came round to examine the garage conversion (which was so far removed from the submitted plans as to be in orbit) in that i piled a "cupboard" full of tools, platerboard, insulation etc etc so that he would not see the drain pipe for the downstairs loo and utility room which the cupboard suddenly became once the extension was signed off......
Must remember that next MOT.
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

Only pulling your leg about the boot floor[}:)]
You can have some rather tasty Berlingo wheel trims once I've fitted my 16V alloys[;)]
ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

The alloys from the ZX also fit, I had a 1.7TZD with them on with 195*60 14 tyres, definitely one of the best handling BXs I ever owned
Pete
________
ZX14 VS HAYABUSA
Last edited by ghostrider on 22 Feb 2011, 06:00, edited 1 time in total.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Sailed through the test this morning ZERO faults, didnt even open the boot![:D]
Stewart
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

Like Jon suggested the zx 16v alloys look REALLY good on a silver BX, and i think they would work very well on a white one as well!
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

I sold my 16v wheels recently on ebay and another set just went for £105 ish which is what you will pay for decent 1.9 205 alloys so keep a look out on there if thats what youre after
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

1.6 205 GTI alloys. Killer! look just right on a BX due to their simple geometric pattern.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

Don't forget Marty you will need the special wheel bolts too