Ferrari

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

bernie
My Cars:

Ferrari

Post by bernie »

Had 3 laps of Goodwood today in a 308 GTS Ferrari,as a belated 50th birthday prezzie (53 now[xx(][xx(][xx(]).
I can't see what all the fuss is above[:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p]
turbolag

Post by turbolag »

Considering the 308 began life in the early 70's as the 308 dino, and was then rebodied in the 'Magnum' style body it's not done too bad over time. I've driven a 328 GTBi and whilst it was nice, some fairly ordinary scoobies would blow it away these days, but a 360 Stradale on the other hand...
Compared to the Marinas, Cortinas and Vivas that people were driving back then it was a sexy piece of red hot exotica, and it still looks sweet today.
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

I've driven a 308 GTS, a bit old fashioned for a supercar as has been said but i liked it, to my eye its a much nicer shape than any modern ferrari. Also the Magnum connection to a person of my age group(shall we say hovering around the 30 mark) makes it a very cool car.
They can be bought much cheaper than you would expect also.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Do they do a diesel?
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Nope fraid not, but they do make a very credible kit car version. Based on either early MR2 or the american Pontiac Fiero.
Now these kits are good, very good, a well built one looks exactly like a 308 GTS (or GTB you choose) only problem is the wimpy mr2 engine and slightly less wimpy 2.5 pontiac one.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

No. NO. NO!!!!
Dad had that idea and bought a manual Fiero, It was a sod to change clutches in, being mid engined, and after five of them in 3,000 miles, we weren't sorry to see the back of the damn' thing.
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Fair Point Tom,
I've no experiance of fieros at all so will bow yo your knowledge.
DONT buy a fiero :-)
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

So nobody wants to get rid on one then[:o)][:o)]