5 door japanesey thing on the way.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Stuart McB
My Cars:

5 door japanesey thing on the way.

Post by Stuart McB »

Well I have to admit it was sad seeing my little Xsara VTR drive off this afternoon [:(]. But it has been bought by fellow forum member Mattpc and his girlfriend. So a good home judging by the Xantia he's got. Down side is now I'm carless for the next few days and It's definatly looking like a Mazda 323 is on the way to my house. Ah well baby on the way and the wife's Megane Convertible being worth more' still with warranty it made sence. But you never know I may (but doubt it) sway the wife towards a Xantia.
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

5 door xsara td would fit the job for you being a citroen person would it not?
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

Get a proper citroen with oleopneumatic.
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

CX Safari should handle the baby buggy quite well......
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Welcome to the world of quality engineering-it'll go on and on and on and on........it'll NEVER break down!!!
When you see how the Japs screw an engine together you wonder how BL etc survived even into the eighties- the only thing that kills 'em is lack of spares when they get really old.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Bernie is flogging his BX estate (TGD)
Would make an excellent family luggabout and leave you oodles of change from £2 grand.
Yes Jap cars are lond lived and reliable - but not as much fun / comfy as a HP Cit.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

I know where you're all coming from but when the wife speaks I obey [:I]. As we all know my old VTR was more reliable then my fridge / freezer. So because of this I never concidered a 5 door. the wife has explained it to me like this "I don't want you spending more time on a Citroen then on your new born babay!," [:I] So as she likes the Mazda 323F (model BA shape without pop up head lights, the next model) and we've had Toyota's befor, to day I've gone out and put my money on the following.
Mazda 323,1.8 16 valve twin cam 1997 'R' reg, 72k, full Mazda service history with all the stamps. Local to Birmingham. One owner from new. All the owners books and keys etc.
Comes with, electric windows, A/C, electric tilt and slide sun roof, fully adjustable drivers seat with lumbar support, tilt steering etc the list goes on.
Got the dealer to put on 6 months Tax, 12 months MOT, service, cam belt change and a few minor fixes all for £2450, down from £2599. Think its a good deal. Goes like a dream. And for my cheak I've got the dealer to DELIVER!!!! the car to my home rather than me picking it up from him!!! [:D]