Make my day

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

FrenchLeave
My Cars:

Post by FrenchLeave »

Yes, that's the place. Five years ago when it came time to replace my last XM (H reg 2.0SEi auto), my wife told me to get something other than a Citroen. I settled for a Pug 406V6 and hated it; although it was a very quick car I found the ride disappointing and the steering had a very low sneeze factor - you couldn't relax when driving or you'd be off the road and into one of our Lincolnshire drains. After three years of my moaning the missus said "If you want an XM that badly, get one". Because they didn't sell well (bad press from the early cars?) late model V6s are becoming hard to find. Mine has the full Exclusive spec and I would have paid virtually anything for it - I was, and am, in love.
My last four cars have been autos (XM2.0i, XM2.0SEi, the Pug and this one. That's because 'er indoors (under whose thumb I permanently live) who is an auto only driver, told me to get an auto so that she could drive it as well. When I sat her in the first XM she decided it was too big for her and has never driven any of them. But I now enjoy the relaxed way of driving that the auto box gives, although you can change manually. In fact, with the two 2 litre cars that was the only way to make reasonably rapid progress.