VOSA strikes back....

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

I agree Doyle's car was the more [8D] one of the two cars. [:D]
turbolag

Post by turbolag »

It's good to see VOSA doing this. I get fed up with people moaning to me that the Police do nothing about untaxed cars. We do nothing because we have no powers to do anything. All we can do is inform the DVLA, who probably won't do much either...
3 cheers for VOSA.
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

Its really simple, Have your car taxed or it gets clamped, lifted then crushed.
I see the DVLA clamping unit about once a month clamping the untaxed cars near my work.
Once the cars been clamped it then gets lifted sometime that day & is taken down the storage compound.
After a few months when the fine & other payments hasn't been made by the owner, The cars get taken to the local scrapyard down the road & is destroyed under council supervision.
At last count there was around 26 cars awaiting crushing, One was a Y reg Megane convertible, Wont be long before that gets crushed.
The car compound is next to my works compound so we see them in & out of there daily.
bulldog
My Cars:

Post by bulldog »

why dont the local councls strip these clamped and pounded cars down to sell the parts a second hand then guess what they could cut our councl tax. but they wont do that as it makes sence dont it just like having mobile speed traps on council estates as where i live there is a corner that boy *ankers like to speed round waiting for one to end up in my garden
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bxbodger</i>

MK II RS2000, I blame "The Professionals" myself-Doyle drove one and it was always so much better looking and cooler than Bodie's Capri!!!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
It appears the Police even used the RS2000, as shown in the picture.

lighteninguk

Post by lighteninguk »

me dad used to drive a RS2000 in the police... just like the model you have pictured there, (i have a picture of him with it too) but they used to put paving slabs in the boot to keep the backend on the road for high speeds.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

I have always liked the RS2000, and your father is a lucky man to have been paid to drive one. [:)]