I hate my AX

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

My mother used to have a Jetta, 1.3l and slow. It had the 4 speed "formel E" gearbox with the tall gearing to make it even slower, the gearbox died eventually, it became more and more whiny until reverse stopped working.
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Talking of gearboxes, you may not get the Maestro, but if you buy a VW you will probably at least get a Maestro gearbox.........
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

Looks a clean one Marty, and not like you have to travel miles to view!
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Or, how about a real old classic, which has been hot rodded ? [:D]
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... RK:MEWA:IT
A tuned pinto ensures that this is a real street sleeper ! [:D]
Classic looks & modern high performance ! [8D]
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kowalski</i>

It had the 4 speed "formel E" gearbox with the tall gearing to make it even slower, the gearbox died eventually,<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Had a Polo once with this gearbox, used to have a little light on the dash which told you when to change into top. Wasnt so slow in the Polop, just noisy...
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BXBodger</i>
Talking of gearboxes, you may not get the Maestro, but if you buy a VW you will probably at least get a Maestro gearbox.........<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Thought it was the other way round - Maestro used VW box? Same difefrence I suppose.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Active8</i>
Or, how about a real old classic, which has been hot rodded ? <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Ewwwwww. How much????????????[:0]
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

I agree it's not cheap, I was ignoring the price, and just posting it for fun, [:D] like the thing listed on the link below !
Mind you, it seems cheap compared to this re-bodied Freight Rover, which now looks like a poor relation to Chitty Chitty Bang Bang ! [:D] LOL
Now, this is way too expensive, daft, different/odd & embarrassing !!
Makes the other one appear to be a bargain ! [:)]
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... RK:MEWA:IT
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Room to hide a whole family of illegal immigrants in. Obviously a whole lot of time and love gone into this, but reminds me of a matchstick model car I made when I was about 10.... So not a contender!
Jon

Post by Jon »

Isn't that just fantastic? Oddly enough, despite the garden shed body, it still reminds me of a Freight Rover. Engine looks lost.
Anyway Marty, if you can just hang in there for a couple of weeks we have just the thing for you, a K Reg BX TD in an unattractive Burgandy colour with long MOT, reasons why and where will follow very soon. It'll be cheap.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Re Bentley replica - well you know what I'm talking about - Is this what happens when you build and design in a small garage and can't get far enough away to take a good look? What a shame - no doubt there's hours of careful work and loads of meticulous attention to detail - and well it looks like nothing on earth!
jeremy
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Imagine someone looking in the engine bay of this so called replica, and not being prepared for it, they would burst out laughing ! [:D]
It's a bit like the old Candid Camera sketch where a car goes into a garage, and it drives in there, but the film crew have removed the engine. [:D] A guy from the garage staff looks under the bonnet of the car, and is left amazed because the engine is missing ! [:)] The car was propelled by a hidden engine.
Yes, the engine is lost in all that space, it's an amazing new design, drawn by someone with their eyes shut !
It's one thing allowing some space around the engine, so that things are accessible, but this takes the P**S !
You could fit a Spitfire engine in there !
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jon</i>

Anyway Marty, if you can just hang in there for a couple of weeks we have just the thing for you, a K Reg BX TD in an unattractive Burgandy colour with long MOT, reasons why and where will follow very soon. It'll be cheap.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
What... I thought you were the original BX convert! You cant possibly be selling so soon? I thought it was a labour of love.
This i have got to see the why's and wherefores.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 10368&rd=1
Up again - and still wants 95 quid for a flat petrol BX.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Ref S****y S****y Bang Bang :- Imagine a child seeing the car, and wondering why it has such a "Dinky" toy engine. [:D]
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

That's an O series engine, so it should at least sound pretty authentically Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!!!
its a very good stage show incidentrally, which I would recommend to anyone, and I normally hate musicals!!
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

What was the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang car based on? I've seen it in real life and it's massive. The tax disc showed the make to be Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and the RAC data check doesn't list a make or model.
Vehicle details
Manufacturer
Model
Body type tourer
Colour Not stated
Fuel type Petrol
Date manufactured 01 January 0001
Number of previous owners 0
Last owner change 25 July 1967
Jon

Post by Jon »

Afraid to report that Chitty was infact built in 1967 and was fitted with a Ford Essex V6!
Details here http://chittygen11.com/about_chitty.htm