BUSY DAY @ THE OFFICE ? CUMMFY BANANA

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

BUSY DAY @ THE OFFICE ? CUMMFY BANANA

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Well here it is, the office that allows you to get out, and about.
You won't feel trapped within the four walls of your office, because you can take it, out for a drive !
Yes, I am serious !
It's based on Mini engineering, with a custom built chassis, and all the controls are hidden away out of sight.
Here's the link :-
http://www.the-hotdesk.com/
It is road legal, and I encountered it at a car show recently ! [:D]
The guy with the sunglasses [8D] on is the driver.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

At least this is done for the fun of it, and if you ever saw it you would be amazed ! [:D]
The man who designed and built the desk is Edd China, and he has built other strange and different vehicles.He has been on T.V with his vehicles, and appeared in Monster Garage.
You can find some more information about them on this link:-
www.cummfybanana.co.uk [:D][:D]
Unlike the Minor limo which is someones pride and joy, [:)] which is on this thread:-
http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... C_ID=12429
Edd China just makes oddball vehicles, because it's about being different, but obviously he can earn a living from them hiring them out.
TomH
My Cars:

Post by TomH »

I've actually seen that sofa on the road!
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

I have too, and couldn't believe what I was looking at to start with, I had the opportunity to look at it where he stopped, and it's cleverly done. [:D]
Although looking through the details on his web site, and reading the details about how fast he has been in it, bearing in mind it has the wheelbase of a "sofa" it won't be very stable at 87mph.
From the motorised toilet, motorised bath, "Jackass" shopping trolley, through to the motorised four poster bed he certainly has some crazy ideas ! [:D] [:)][:D]
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

A few months ago i watched an old Jerry Clarkson Motorworld on UK tv.He had a race at 1 of the BTTC tracks with a Garden shed,speedboat,waste skip,& Ed`s sofa.Never laughed so much in my life[:D][:D][:D].All were road legel as well.Seeing the shed(with smoke coming out of its little chimney & water coming out of the garden hose[:)]) taking a shortcut through the long grass on a corner,i pi??ed myself with laughter[:D][8D][:D][8D]
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

The desk is still registered as a Green coloured Rover Metro GTA!
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bikeboyz</i>

The desk is still registered as a Green coloured Rover Metro GTA!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Yes I noticed that too !
It has obviously changed a lot since it was made ! [:D]
It is more metropolitan (where a lot of offices are based) than Metro now ! [:D]