XANTIA 2.1 T.D. ON EBAY

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

XANTIA 2.1 T.D. ON EBAY

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Maybe this might be of interest to one of the forum members ! [:D]
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 77821&rd=1
It's still available at the time of this post !
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

I was in a Xantia 2.1 at the weekend as a terrified passenger. It was a combination of non-diesel knowledge driver (you don't need to do 60mph in third! She didn't use fifth at all) and her ignorance of the STOP light that caused a sinking of my stomach or was it the back end lacking enough hydro-juice? She seemed not to be too concerned that the steering, brakes and suspension were in danger of no longer working...
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

What are you complaining about? You survived it after all.
60mph is fine for third, if I'm accelarating hard I'll do 60 in third, but I'll be in 5th soon afterwards. I can't see cruising in 3rd at 60 mph being much fun.
People don't seem concerned that things might be about to stop working, they don't even become overly concerned when they stop. Its when they stop working and they're needed that people panic, non-working brakes and solid looking objects....
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

That's what worried me! My girlfriend is as bad. The amount of times I've discovered her AX is below the minimum oil mark on the dipstick yet it keeps going with 107k on the clock and many more actual miles covered! (The speedo didn't work for over a year!). I guess some people subscribe to the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach. Seeing as she spends much less on repairs than I spend on "preventative" measures, maybe she has a point...