Batten down the hatches; here we go again.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Batten down the hatches; here we go again.

Post by alan s »

This just came over the news. This one was no big drama but the aftershocks might be another story[:0][:0]
http://au.news.yahoo.com/050114/2/sl3u.html
Getting a bit rough; we had a small one where I live just prior to the big ones that caused all the problems. It's a bugger when you're sober and the Earth moves under your feet....and you're not even walking.
Alan S
Jon

Post by Jon »

Earthquakes!
And here I was bemoaning the snowfall!
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Good lord - (OT I know) - But its Tomorrow already in Australia.
Does that mean the earthquake has yet to happen for us? Im confused!
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

Thought we had 4 quakes in January, turns out it was an RAF flyboy playing with a Tythoon fighter and causing sonic booms. Rattled me fillings so he did[:0]
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Eeeeeeh.
Grew up living next door to BAe (or BAC) Dave, you got used to it.... It never did me any harm, what? Pardon? Speak up!
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

It's always on when you get prolonged hot spells.
You guys complaining about the cold over there and here it's been so bloody hot that I put down a batch of beer on the 23rd Feb and by the 1st of March it had fermented and gone rotten and had to be tipped out. Normally it takes about 10 days to go through just the fermentation process and we usually bottle about 2 or 3 days after that.
Our forecast for Saturday is "temperatures in the late 30s" so no wonder the Earth's cracking.
Alan S
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

30 degrees Farenheight
Thats about right[;)]
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by martyhopkirk</i>

30 degrees Farenheight
Thats about right[;)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Last time I felt 30F I was working in a coldroom about 20 years ago. No, we're talking possibly 38+ C which is supposedly an "in the shade" reading, but the outside thermometer on the Xantia is constantly over 40 and again, that's C (ie) 42 - 45 range although a couple of days ago it did hit 47 where I was.
Alan S