COOL ? LOL :-)

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

COOL ? LOL :-)

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Have you ever seen this type ? [:D]
The driver can be male or female "yooof," the car could be a performance model like the one I saw this morning, (which the male driver would probably like to think should be called a "Scooby Impressya") or just a run of the mill car that the driver thinks is cool.
They tend to lean to one side, as if to be able to get at the stereo more easily, so they are not sitting upright, and end up appearing to have their head in the middle of the car. [:)]
With the head moving not necessarily in time with the so called music, they are playing very loud because they must be deaf, and with the window open on a day like today, which is freezing cold. (I.E. very cool in the true sense of the word. [:)])
Well the thing that made me laugh the most was the leaning, and the limp right hand draped over the steering wheel in a very relaxed way. [:)]
It appeared that the inside of the right forearm, was the only part of his body contacting the steering wheel.
The left hand was either:-
1) Saving him from falling over completely to the left hand side.
2) Holding on to the stereo controls so as to be able to turn them
up even more.
3) Placed in the crutch area, so he could keep in touch with
himself, in a Michael Jackson manner.
4) Holding on to the gear lever, so as to do a racing style
gear change.

I am amazed that they can actually somehow control the car leaning over like that, as this type likes to drive too quickly, it must be more difficult to reach the pedals, or is that why they put these bits of alloy crap on their pedals, so they can still reach them.
The driver this morning was a male who would I assume not walk down the street with such a lean, so why do it in the car.
As for the limp right hand draped over the steering wheel, well it just does not look cool, and in actual fact makes the driver look like, in the language of this type of "yooof" [:)] a "batty boy." [:D]
If he would not walk down the street with a limp wrist, then why do it in the car, unless that's his sexual persuasion, it's not a position that gives proper control of the car.
Although at this age driving properly seems to be the furthest thing from their mind, and posing [:D] LOL appears to be all that matters to them.
turbolag

Post by turbolag »

A lad at work crashed his Scooby in the snow today - so much for their rally derived 4WD system, eh?
The Impressya never impressed me. I don't have the curvature of the spine to be able to drive one with my head over the passenger seat, and 23 mpg (if you're lucky) must deter all but those most desperate to compensate for a small winky.
TomH
My Cars:

Post by TomH »

do you mean the leaning over the steering wheel style of driving while the seat is reclined right back?
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Yes, that's the "style" I mean. [:D]
Where they are so laid back, they might as well be on a bed !
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Is this what they mean when they say the "yooof" of today are out of control ? [:D]
As you will not be able to control it, in "dat position init!" [:D]
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> Originaly posted by Turbolag

A lad at work crashed his Scooby in the snow today - so much for their rally derived 4WD system, eh?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Looks like the Scooby driver maybe imagines he's Colin McRae, but in practice he's not ! [:)]
What happened to the car, and did it survive the R.T.A. ?
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

I reached a point once where the men in padded suits could have taken me away (I blame the girlfriend at the time) and I foolishly sold my wonderfully competent Daewoo Matiz for a Scooby - non Turbo. Took me two days until I smashed it into a tree. Without doubt, the biggest mistake I ever made buying that car and I've owned a Skoda! Managed to get it repaired and p/ex'd it for my DTurbo. A much better car with a much better image!
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

4wd in the snow is boring along with fwd, rwd is where its at, had great fun in my Supra this morning and even more so in the deserted work car park much to the amusement of some people standing outside the company a few down from ours [:D]
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

I agree as I have had the same sort of fun in a private car park. [:D]
This was years ago, and after a busy long day of studies, a friend and I walked outside looked at the fresh snow on the ground, it had been falling for a while, and so was deep and crisp and even. [:D]
The car park was empty, no public access, with tall brick walls, and lots of space to play in. So we kept well away from each other, and had our fun in the snow in our rear wheel drive vehicles. [8D]
We went sideways most of the time, learning more about steering into a skid in the process, and keeping it under control, but all at low speed.
Both of us were fully aware of skid control before this, but there is no substitute for real experience. [:D]
We also attracted an audience, who were looking at us from a building in a corner of the car park.
It was a great way to relieve the stress, of studying all day long, until a late hour, and the other students enjoyed the performance almost as much as we did ! [:D]