Amusing

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

OwenP
My Cars:

Amusing

Post by OwenP »

Was out for a drive this morning through Snowdonia, specifically along the Llanberis pass, when a pathetic little Subaru something or other beginning with "J" with some rather unsavoury looking occupants appeared rather rapidly behind me. The driver then proceeded to overtake on the way up the pass (I was about to pull over and let him past me anyway) I caught up with him about 200yrds further up when his car started to struggle with the incline. He wasn't too happy at seeing the big estate he'd just passed come powering up behind him.
Thought this was rather amusing, as did my Girlfriend.
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Always funny that, in much the same way that lots of people get in the way of me in the 2CV on bends or even single a roads, they just have the idea that this car must not be in front of them.
by the way it was probably a subaru 'justy'
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

I had an episode last weekend in the Peaks with a Panda 4x4. Thought they'd all rusted away by now but this one was perfoming four wheel drift on a roundabout. I kid you not! He tried a back route to get ahead of the car in front so I was quite pleased to see him appear behind me a little further down the road!
There is also nothing quite like the way people disappear in the distance when they see a 2cv being punted into a sharp bend! Managed to swiftly lose a Volvo estate this morning and that was perfectly within the limits of my humble Deuche!
OwenP
My Cars:

Post by OwenP »

Yeah it was a Justy.
Think we really annoyed him sitting there laughing [:D]
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

I've given up telling my mates who got LR's and any manner of 4X4 that you can't throw them into islands or bends at speed in the wet. It just don't work like that, yes of course you can but at 50mph in the wet....wet pants more like. As for Subaru's bloke by me has one with all the rally bits and body kit, funny though the badge on the back reads '2.0 GL' and the tyres are thinner than my Xsara's. Also have burnt past him on the local dual track severals tmes.
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

I think ive only ever seen about 2 impreza's that werent turbo ones of some description. Mitsibushi is about to start selling the new Lancer again, ie not the Evo one and it looks so zzzzzzzzzzz no way anyone will buy it over a ford/psa/etc at same price
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Stuart McB</i>

I've given up telling my mates who got LR's and any manner of 4X4 that you can't throw them into islands or bends at speed in the wet. It just don't work like that, yes of course you can but at 50mph in the wet....wet pants more like. As for Subaru's bloke by me has one with all the rally bits and body kit, funny though the badge on the back reads '2.0 GL' and the tyres are thinner than my Xsara's. Also have burnt past him on the local dual track severals tmes.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Sounds like a right sheep in wolfs clothing ! [:D]
What's the point in having a slow car, and drawing attention to it[?]
Also seems odd to go to all the trouble of doing that to the car, and not taking the give away badge off it.
Although he would still be shown up by the lack of performance, that you have noticed. [:D]
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

I think some folk get carried away when at the dealers and are buying anew car. They go mad for all the stick on bits and then forget to ask the obvious questions like "can you take the 2.0l badge off for me" or can I get fatter tyres on as well as bigger?". Never quite understood it my self. The wife was the same she bought a brand new 3 month delivery date VX Astra convertible. Had a full leather interior and uprated speaker system. On picking the car up it was clear that up rated speaker system didn't included up rated head unit.