A bargain.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

tomsheppard
My Cars:

A bargain.

Post by tomsheppard »

You heard it here first!
I've been reading classic car magazines in the delusion that the CX is a classic. I've noticed a good deal.
£3450 being asked (Lowest) to £8500 (Dealer, top)
Renault GTA V6 Turbo. Sticks like a Lotus, looks suitably exotic
is rare, does 0-60 in 5.6 and gives away 5MPH to an early Countach, topping out at 165. (Which will seriously fromage off those with the ultimate rev limited driving machines!)
Being reputedly more reliable than a Lotus Esprit(OK, so is the weather forecast,)and a third of the price, this has to be a good investment. Just think what it would cost with a Porsche badge!
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Any pictures of the said Reno? Not too sure which one your on about but my money is on an Alpine GTA, or am I right off the mark?
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

That's the one. Formerly the Alpine A310, by the time it gained the Turbo, it had become a Renault.
IAN.D
My Cars:

Post by IAN.D »

You are right thinking Alpine gta as that was the same car.
Name was changed to renault gta last couple of years of production.
I think there was some trouble with using alpine name.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Funny how life is, but the main Citroen dealer in Birmingham (Bordesley Green) had one of these Reno's behind its parts dept for some months about Novemeber 04. I had a good old look at it several times when I was there but could see nothing wrong with it from the out side. Parts man said "some thing wrong with the engine,". Possible HG I thought as I drove away (HA!) [}:)]. Still a very sexy motor. And if memory serves me wright Carlos in Elderado drove a black one, only to have it blown up in the last scene. But another little known fact is the BBC actually blew up a TR7 instead of the Reno due to cheaper insurance, it's true I tell you. Now back to the nipple of the cathode ray tube of life. [:I]
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Still there? the engine isn't that exotic!
adamskibx
My Cars:

Post by adamskibx »

Umm very nice cars those. I read somewhere that they are one of the quitest cars ever at very high speeds due to excellent aerodynamics and sound proofing