Citroen BX

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

dillosk8ter
My Cars:

Citroen BX

Post by dillosk8ter »

Not sure if its still there but noticed a Citroen BX 16 for sale on 'findit' site, apparantly got full history, looks in good nick from pic and only 29,000 miles since new....1990 car if I remember rightly. Finished in lovely cream colour, nice!!
Just noticed really how few BX's there are around now!! Have only noticed one in my area, silver 'K' plated TXD estate just round corner from me....the only others I see on a regular basis are two dumped in someones garden in Hereford. Can go for weeks, even upto a month without seeing another on the road. Not even in local adtrader or papers anymore.
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

I kept on thinking they had largely disappeared, then realised that some days I see 2, 3 or even more fairly tidy ones - and that's not just when I drive over in mine to see Tom!
Might that BX16 be the cream one that kept on cropping up on ebay as an ex-demonstrator?
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Just seen another white one, diesel, none in the local breakers now!
Stewart
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

If you log on to www.bxclub.co.uk, you will find a breakdown, sorry a list of BXs still registered. It runs to 38000 cars. I'll bet that is more than Montegos! Dunno how many CXs survive.
dillosk8ter
My Cars:

Post by dillosk8ter »

Montegos, yuck.....fogot they exsisted!!!
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

See a good MG badged Turbo one now, though, with all the body kit, etc, and they do look surprisingly, well, good!!!!
dillosk8ter
My Cars:

Post by dillosk8ter »

Yeah bodykits did improve them, slightly. lol. I don't see many Sierra's round these parts any more....same goes for Renault 21 and Mk 2 Cavalier.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

I wondered what the fuss was about the Maestro/Montego quality thing then a mate bought one as a stopgap, I was offered a lift, I grasped the door handle......BLOODY HELL rarely have I felt anything so flimsy and fragile, the whole doorcard flexed about 3" did have a spin in an MG Maestro that was good fun though.
Stewart
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

It used to be the outside handles that snapped off, they seemed to be made from recycled Mazak!!! When I had Maesro's I always had a couple of spare handles in the shed for when this happened. Having had a lot of BL motors, Citroen's dodgy build quality came as no surprise to me.......
dillosk8ter
My Cars:

Post by dillosk8ter »

think they built the Maestro WITH rusty steel. My aunt and uncle have had two, both diesel. Spoted another local BX yesterday, immaculate 'D' plate 19 estate in metalic light blue. That brings the total for my area to three {inc mine!!}
Jon

Post by Jon »

I'll have to introduce a new area to the Bxclub site " BX's I have seen" Theres a G reg TZD TD that parks in the next road to where I live that (looks as rough as a badgers arse) and the back of it is always on the deck.
Must get round to doing some BXclub fliers and stickers sson!
dillosk8ter
My Cars:

Post by dillosk8ter »

The two around my area are relativly smart, the guy with the 19TXD estate who lives a few doors up from me always drives past and looks at mine admiringly when Im out the front polishing it. His is quite smart, but looks like it get washed maybe once/twice a year (maybe doing him an injustice!!!) but seems pretty good mechanically.....he drives it hard (shot past at high speed on dual carriage way on numerous occasions) no constant clicking from acc. as far as I can tell....although rear wheel arch is rusting nicely now. The 'D' plate 19 estate (I also mentioned above) looks cherished, always polished, running well, driven 'carefully' by older gent. The drama teacher from my high school had a 17 TZD Turbo on an 'H' plate ( H 114 HLK)in met grey...looked just like Gti (loved the big back spoiler), thought that was a stunning car.....the only car never to slow down for the rather vicious speed hump in the car park...just floated over it as if it were nothing!! The head had BX17 RD in faded, matt red with white streaks and shot suspension, that dissappeared.........then re-appeared about four/five years later when I was at art college looking just the same (albeit with suspected new suspension). I did originally want a BX as a first car but I looked at numerous examples (all of which seemed clapped) including one that you put the suspension up.......and it stayed there...no matter what you tried!!!
dillosk8ter
My Cars:

Post by dillosk8ter »

Yeah BXclub merchandise sounds cool, a book on the BX would be good too maybe like the 'brief history and mostly pics' on the DS etc or combination of history, pics, mechanical info, buyers guide, mods etc..........nice time consuming idea for someone......
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Just seen a tired white BX Gti in Fleetwood up for £200..... Surprised Dave hasnt leapt on it.
<i>Edit</i>
Its £400 not £200 and its not a GTi. Not sure what it is due to lack of badges.....
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

How much? Far too dear for me, and not enough valves!