IKEA OPENING

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

IKEA OPENING

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Ikea is a place that can get busy most times, but I am pleased I was not near Edmonton (north London) last night.
The store expected 2000 customers, and on the news earlier it actually ended up with 6000 customers wanting to get in, with riot conditions developing, and a male customer was stabbed.
Apparently when they opened a store in Saudi Arabia, three men were trampled to death, in a rush to claim vouchers when they opened a store there in September 2004.
Sadly this is the type of thing we get on the road currently, impatience, queue jumping, attitude, etc.
Life is more of a rat race everyday, but hearing that people were leaving their cars on the north circular road A406, in the middle of other traffic, causing major traffic problems, shows how selfish, and dense people can be !
This story is amazing, and shows how much like lemmings, and sheep people can be.
"Baa Baa" they say, "look at the bargains," they rush into the store, get their apparently cheap items to find their car clamped, lifted, and or towed etc. Therefore it is not a bargain anymore, and they might even be fined, and receive points on their licence.
So, and that's the reason for me posting this, here we have another example of muppet behaviour.
It's like the animal instinct comes out in the individuals and crowd, and you get stupid and irrational behaviour, like we sadly see too often on the roads.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

If your car is clamped at Ikea, do you think that the clampers have all the bits for the clamp or are some missing?
Jon

Post by Jon »

Oh hell, no. It was announced in my local paper last week that the latest Ikea will be built in Swindon. Thats all we needed!
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

No.. you need a BX estate, hire it out for £25 a hour to all the mugs who cant get the furnature in their Smart cars.
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ACTIVE8</i>
So, and that's the reason for me posting this, here we have another example of muppet behaviour.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I object, yer honour - Muppets are <b>nice</b> 'specially Animal [}:)]
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
It's like the animal instinct comes out in the individuals and crowd, and you get stupid and irrational behaviour, like we sadly see too often on the roads.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
And everywhere else - it is also a description of Ikea's idea of 'customer service'
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

[quote]originaly posted by uhn113x
[I object, yer honour - Muppets are nice 'specially Animal /quote]
Mahna Mahna [:D][:D]
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Brand new sofa's for 45 quid, that was the reason!!!
The stabbing story was unconnected, by the way, it was drug gang trouble on an adjacent trading estate- a lot of odd things happen in big empty car parks the middle of the night in Edmonton, they are not the best of places to be!!!
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Yes, they were virtually giving them away at £45.00 !
So it's no wonder that so many people turned up, the Neanderthal behaviour is inexcusable !
I agree Edmonton late at night, and even during the day, is not a safe place to be.
Further details about the stabbing from the police, stated that it happened on a fuel station forecourt, near to the Ikea warehouse, and they are connecting it with what happened at Ikea.
Twickenham is the place to go for a rugby scrum not Ikea, apparently other customers were trampled on, a woman had her face slammed against a window, and a very young child had to be helped to safety.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

If that is the average Ikea customer, I'm glad I'm not one of them!
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

I do like the hot dogs though, and their word free assembly manuals are entertaining too.
Stewart
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

So next time you go to Ikea, you can ensure your safety by wearing a crash helmet, knee pads, elbow pads, something to protect the family jewels, a stab vest, steel toe cap boots, or maybe don't go, and order online.
Outside the pub at closing time now seems safer. Apparently the Edmonton branch is still closed since that night, and will remain closed until further notice !
weety
My Cars:

Post by weety »

according to my ex (who lives near there) it is open again...curiously enough they have stopped all the special offers...and there are loads of police vans hanging around (another valuable use of police resources)