Pathetic Roads (Sunday Morning Syndrome)

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

martyhopkirk

Pathetic Roads (Sunday Morning Syndrome)

Post by martyhopkirk »

Its a wet Sunday morning, and I have nothing better to do than go to Warrington and get some meatballs from Ikea so I have been trawling the web waiting for my family to get themselves up out of bed and this is what I found....
Is this the most pathetic excuse for a Motorway in England... or do you know something far worse?
The A635(M).
Its so short, blink and you have missed it.
For fuller details try this link....
http://pathetic.org.uk/motorways/A635M.htm
Actually the 2 lane 3 land back to 2 lane again M65 is pretty pants.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Can do better than that. M6, M5 junctions 8 to 10. More car park than motorway. Pointless as always blocked by European lorry drivers lately who still drive down the out side lane!!! AAAAARGH. [}:)]
Not having a go just a little observation from using last 2 months[:)]
beezer

Post by beezer »

The A944 as it comes through Mastrick in Aberdeen. Unless you know it you are always caught out by filter lanes and have to work your way in or out to go straight on. It is a wide road but totally chaotic. Then of course there is the A1 as it goes through Yorkshire and Co. Durham. Outer lane blocked with cars and inner lane free until you come up behind a tractor or low loader.
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

The bottom of the M11 going into Woodford!!
3 lanes carrying much of Essex, Cambs, and Herts on its way to work in the big city, goes from 3 lanes at 70 to 2 lanes at 50, AND there's a speed camera!!!!
Once past this bizarre bottleneck, one lane goes to the A406 west- 3 lanes, and the other to the A406 east- 4 lanes!!!!!
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

Way too much free time Marty! I must admit to a certain weakness for Ikea meatballs though......
beezer

Post by beezer »

I am very fond of their thin ginger biscuits. Got a taste for salt licorice too which surprises many. I am far away from an Ikea now. Might help my weight.