BX prices.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

tomsheppard
My Cars:

BX prices.

Post by tomsheppard »

Poking around Ebay, there is a TZD estate for nearly £500 and
lots of saloons with no tax or a very short ticket for between £300 and £500. That's a much firmer price than we have been used to!
Have Jon and I burned off so many chavs that the BX is now the thing to have or has this site demystified the BX to the point where people aren't scared anymore?
Or is it just cool to be in www.bxclub.co.uk?
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

Well, Tom, one of the answers is obviously yes.... (the last one).
Maybe they're just starting to obey the "laws of bangernomics" - 12 months MOT = £300 to £400. Tax pro rata. Maybe not.
As for the ones without tax, perhaps there are just a lot of trader part-ex cars on offer - the "it owes me" principle (chop in the tax straight away and try it on for the notional remainder of the notional part-ex). There are still a few "spares or repairs" around under £100, and more of that ilk that have been sold recently within that sort of price band.
btw Tom - emailed last night as suggested & received reply.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

They are definitely getting rarer, the ones you see nowadays are generally in good nick too, saw a lovely black TZD estate in town yesterday, ebay seems to have a few nice examples too, perhaps the thrashed mashed and bashed ones have all gone? they are getting to be fairly rare in breakers yards too mores the pity, there was a time a couple of years ago when my local had them lined up, now theres one in there and thats only still there because its buried at the back.
Stewart
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

I have recommended http://www.bxclub.co.uk/? to 3 citroen workmates
for the recommended indies. (1 xant 1 picasso 1 zx)
DO I WIN A PRIZE because they all thought it was really good[:D][:D]
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Most just go straight to the crusher now rather than the scrapyard-despite ebay they are still worthless and occupy the position the CX did a few years back- rock bottom bargain banger with nastydraulics, which no-one wants!!!
I suspect that the owners of the end of life ones just call the council rather than try to sell them now.
There may be a few on ebay at silly prices, but ebay is a bizarre market, and not a good guide to value.
I would very much doubt if any of these sell for the supposed top bid, they are most likely ramped up by the seller and his mates- its normal ebay practice.
After all, £500.00 will buy a very good Xantia out of the local paper!!!