For PC teckies..

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

James.
My Cars:

For PC teckies..

Post by James. »

The ASRoc motherboard WONT support the AMD 3.4+ CPU. Sez it will on the box but it wont!! Causes reboots, overheats, etc etc.. I have had to replace mine with an "ABIT NF7 series" motherboard, it now runs a dream.. (erm so far. lol)..
I have downloaded a free anti virus fingy called NOD32, its supposed to be very good.. I had to uninstall Grisoft AVG because it kept reporting the content of Nortons quarentine folder!! dohh.. [:I]
Now uninstalled Norton as well!! conflict problems!! Aint PC's great!!! [:I]
I can't dock with http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan ... ncipal.htm Now? sez my current security setting prohibit running ActiveX controls on the page?? does anyone know how to cure this problem please? [:)]
Hhmm just noticed my 'number of posts' seems low?? did it restart for some reason?? [?]
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Errr...first, place on axle stands,then, errr...... depressurise the system.......ummm,er,.... try pulling your eyelid down and then blowing your nose!!!!
Don't forget, reassembly is the reversal of dismantling!!!!!!
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

Sounds like the i drive playing up again
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Errr...first, place on axle stands,then, errr...... depressurise the system.......ummm,er,.... try pulling your eyelid down and then blowing your nose!!!!
Don't forget, reassembly is the reversal of dismantling!!!!!!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
[:D][:D]LOL[:D][:D]
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Have you checked the oil?
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

I can definately see somebody mentioning citrobics any second now.........[:D][:D][:D]
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by paranoid</i>

I can definately see somebody mentioning citrobics any second now.........[:D][:D][:D]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
No no I can't
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

I suggest trying citrobics, if that doesn't work try hydraflush.
You know I had to do it[}:)]
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

SSSSSSSSSTTTTRIKE..........!!!!!!!!![:D]
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

nargh its probably just a duff glow plug!
Failing that what operating system does it run on? Assuming XP with service pack 2 then you need to go into Security settings from control panel and have a look round there
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

I should know better.[:o)]
Failing previous advice I suggest you have a look in a computer based forum, cos dirty fingernailed monkeys like me can only manage to do what I'm doing now on a PC! I had trouble reading the post[:I]
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

Open TOOLS in IE
Open INTERNET OPTIONS
Open SECURITY
Open CUSTOM SETTINGS
Then adjust your ACTIVE X Controls
beezer

Post by beezer »

Whatever you do don't use Easy Start. It will blow your CPU head gasket.
James.
My Cars:

Post by James. »

Ooeerr, I already closed the foofoovalve n reset the idle control to max retard?? [:I] [:D]
But.. I have set the active x controls to allow- or-ask in IE/options/security/customise.. Still wont allow me to connect??
Am running Cit XP pro.. No sunroof but 3.4+cpu.. lol.. Starts well but once it gets going all hell breaks loose.. heh heh .. driver fault methinks.. [:o)]
No service pack2 installed.. Heard too many horror stories to risk it!! Will try control panel internet options, and have a ferkle round in there.. Thanks Bernie and Vanny...
No good going to PC teckies sites, I have tried that in the past... they all reply in some sort of code? [:I] [:D]
Jon

Post by Jon »

Quote: "Hhmm just noticed my 'number of posts' seems low?? did it restart for some reason??"
James, you are losing the plot.
You generally post as James.UK and you have about 400 and something posts, now you post as James.with the same profile signature, hence 10 posts.