C4 "TRANSFORMER" COMPETITOR ?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

C4 "TRANSFORMER" COMPETITOR ?

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Take a look at this interesting link [:D] :-
www.superrobocar.com
This "vansformer" has been built by a Brazilian called Olisio da Silva, hence the web site is in Brazilian. [:(] Despite this please take a look around, no I don't understand Brazilian either, but as they have converted a few vehicles there are a few pictures of the van, and other projects including a transforming Vauxhall Astra at a show in 1998.
The latest, Olisio built with his sons Marcus, and Marco. It has cost £70.000 (how much!) to build it, and is based on a Kia Besta van, which converts into a 12 foot tall robot.
Within six minutes it transforms from what looks like an ordinary van into a robot. The "vansformer" does not dance like the Citroen [:D] C4 in the T.V. advert, which is computer generated.
It elevates upwards, doors spring out on rams with robot arms that unfold from behind, and when fully up, there are a bank of speakers located in the back of the van which with a large flat T.V. screen, and flashing lights in the main body/torso will entertain the onlookers. [:)]
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

Let me see it and translate it [:D]
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

"You see things the way they, are and ask: Why?"
"We dream about things like they never were, and ask: why not?"
unfortunately i can't see the rest of the site, besides the initial presentation...[:(]
alexp-j
My Cars:

Post by alexp-j »

<font color="blue"><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ACTIVE8</i>
no I don't understand Brazilian either
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"></font id="blue">
Well you wouldn't be the first, take this for example:
<font color="blue">"Neither in French nor in English nor in Mexican."
-George W. Bush, declining to take reporters' questions during a photo op with Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien, April 21, 2001</font id="blue">
[;)]
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

O.K. sorry for my language faux pas. [:I]
Yes, I also had the same problem with the site, and could only look at the basic details that it will allow you to. Still I thought that the few pictures it allows you to see, might be interesting for everybody to look at. [:)]
The information that I provided about the "vansformer" came from a newspaper feature that I found in a friends newspaper, and I saw the web site details on the windscreen.