Road Rage + Bad drivers!!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Stinkwheel

Road Rage + Bad drivers!!

Post by Stinkwheel »

OK so myself and wife were in a local nearby town today as i had the day off. On the way home i came to a low railway bridge thing with a narrow lane and Big white arrow has priority over the small red arrow jobbies.
As we approached (me driving) there was traffic coming through but as it was my right of way i just slowed on final approach slightly to let it finish coming through. As i started to go a t*** in a renault laguna who was several car lengths back decided he was coming through first, despite my right of way and progress.
He pulled out of the give way box marked on the road and accelerated toward us. We were in the wifes car (a fair sized MPV) so he was brave if nothing else. I didnt move over but pulled to a stop and left room for him to pass by.
As you would i gave a shake of the head and a few choice hand signals. He didnt like this so stopped behind us. I carried on my way. Moments later i remarked to my other half that we had company (mr laguna approaching fast, lights flashing etc) I pulled into the side of the road and wound down the window. His first comment being............"why dont you f*** O**"
I questioned whether he knew how to understand roadsigns.
He replied "Oh yeah well just f***o**"
I pointed out he was by this point facing the wrong way in a busy road. His reply..........you guessed......"F***O**"
So i said i would gladly do so and maybe he should learn to drive and talk.
Called the cops after i got home and reported his reg number and the incident. Hope they visit him, but doubt they will. Cant believe who they let drive french cars these days.
turbolag

Post by turbolag »

I once suffered at the hands of a road rager. It would seem that I 'stole' his parking space, though I genuinely didn't realise he was waiting for it, and in any event - I just drove into it at normal speed. He came over effing and jeffing at me and I apologised, explained I didn't realise he was waiting and pointed out that, in any event, I was entitled to park there as much as him and it was first come, first served. By this time my middle aged opponent had become apopleptic and incomprehensible in his rage. His face was turning red and he was trembling with anger. It was at this point that he reached forth and neatly snapped off my ariel. It was also at this point that I leapt out the car and revealed that I was a) considerably larger than him & b) a Police officer and that c) he was nicked. He chose not to believe b) or c) and tried to resist arrest. Fortuanately, a) was a major factor he hadn't taken into account and his attempts to hot foot it and then assault me resulted in his face being bounced about between my car and the one i'd parked next too. Having my podgy assailant bent over my bonnet with his arm up his back I persuaded a passer by to call 999. Whilst waiting for the local dibble I was almost assaulted again by well meaning, but misinformed passers by who thought I was attacking/robbing/raping the male.
In the end I didn't pursue the criminal complaint against him as he offered to pay for the damage. Suffice to say, he still got a caution and I took the car to a VW main dealer for the new ariel and his lack of control cost him the thick end of a hundred notes. Tw@t. Why can't people just chill?
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Was going to tell you about the irate moped rider who went into my rear tonight after he thought I took too long to pull out of a slip road (thus avoiding the Volvo driver barreling down the main road).
Had him on my tail main beaming me with his half watt headlamp all the way down the main road till I had to brake suddenly to avoid a Rover driver with terminal hyperthalicism who decided to turn into a side road without indicating....
Was going to tell you about this, but I am still wound up by the little twerp (who it turns out is not insured and who didnt hurt himself).
Remember, Piaggio Typhoon, Rain and a Citroen AX do not mix.
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

Turbolag thats hilarious, not that someone road raged you but what happened afterwards lol. Bet he thinks twice in future!
Marty: I know those little mopeds look funny but is one really named the Piaggio Typhoon, talk about humour
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

I actually know an very very funny road rage story that I cant tell here due to It being somewhat over the top and the subject of an ongoing court case. Suffice to say the guy who road raged the friend of a friend will be the meek-est thing behind a wheel for ever and ever here after just because he ended up looking so stupid.
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

Yeha, i've got one similar to that StinkWheel. Involves a Ford Focus, not giving way, coliding wing mirrors, and hom being a lil d##k. Best bit of it, BX wing mirror 1:Focus wing mirror about 150 pieces :D revenge! Little sod even tried to claim on insurance, which is hilarious cos HIS insurance comapny laughed at him [:D]
But on the reverse side, i had a 206 clip my back bumper (on the 19rd). It was a bird driving it, and i have never seen so one so upset and scared at the same time. I got out, examined the bumper, kicked it back into position, rubbed some dirt into the bit she cleaned and told her i wasn't bothered. Good job she had a mate with her cos she looked about ready to cry, and i can understand why. There was a 'V' shaped crease down both doors and the rear quarter!
It's a shame that driving standards are dropping in this country faster than the cost of fuel is rising!
Roll on 5 year retests! Though im glad not to be insured at the moment!
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

But more importantly did you take her out for a drink to calm her down? :D
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Let em' rage- they'll die of apoplexy first!! Personally I never get involved in it: if they're so desperate to get in front then I happily let them, with a (metaphoric) cheery wave and a smile!
I spend a good part of my working day driving around East London and believe me, there are a <b>lot</b> of weirdo's out there, many more than people think-I know because I have to interview them for a living.
You never know what they are going to do, what they've taken,how they are going to react, what they have stashed under the dash, no, tempting as it is to engage in a bit of roadrage with them, its best to let it go- these things can escalate quickly and dangerously-you could be picking a row with another Kenneth Noye.
turbolag

Post by turbolag »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bxbodger</i>
these things can escalate quickly and dangerously-you could be picking a row with another Kenneth Noye.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">That's scarily true[B)]
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Sadly I was witness to a bad thing at merry hill shopping centre a few years ago.......
Old guy in lovely R reg Jag waiting patiently for a space to be vacated lots of room etc etc, guy with kids turns into said space not knowing about waiting jag man.
Old fella EXPLODES into a rage bellowing etc guy with kids opologyses says sorry etc even offers to move (he did I was there laughing) old fella carries on ranting, then makes a comment about the guys kids because there laughing at him, so the guy has a go back with a bit of finger pointing, Next thing guy is going purple (still having a go) clutching chest, old fella drops down dead[V]
Laugh about it now but it learn't me to just go with the flow when driving....[:)]
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

BXbodger is right. You are all relating incidents of road rage by others, and mostly your own! Anyone in a 'wound up' state is not fit to be in charge of a ton of powered metal! Keep cool - there are probably <b>lots</b> of Kenneth Noyes out there........<i>verb sap</i>
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Well the F*** O** moron that Stinkwheel posted about, seems to be like a Kenneth Noye, what a D*** H***.
Why did the Laguna driver force his way through ?
It seemed he was in a hurry to get somewhere !
So, suddenly he can spare the time when he meets another driver, and encounters body/hand langauge he does not like, and turn around and follow that driver.
I too have met this type.
I have also shaken my head in a disaproving way, and happened to move my hands to signal my thoughts, and it wasn't B.S.L. more drivers sign langauge.
The other half, and I were approaching a roundabout.
I could see this T*** attempting to get between us, and another car. On the approach to the roundabout the lanes do widen slightly , but this not an invitation to create another lane, but this guy thought he could.
So he is behind us at a distance, but at an oblique angle, and the Xantia sunblind on the rear parcel shelf is up. I carried on driving, but now it appears he must have seen the hand movement, and appeared to be following us. I advised the other half about what was happening, and attempted to keep sufficient distance in front of him, so as that I could attempt to read the front number plate in the rear view mirror. Yes, it's possible to do this, as you will not always have someone with you in the car.
The road ahead was very busy, and as we had missed our turn, I decided to turn off onto a road I knew would take us back. What does the T*** do, he follows us again. At this point I am getting very very P****D off with this muppet. He continues to follow us for most of the way back to where we had to get back to, to continue our journey. The reason why I missed our turning earlier is, because I had to concentrate on him, and what he was intending to do.
So the T*** who was in a hurry, ended up wasting time to follow us. Therefore he could be late getting anywhere, and again affecting other drivers, by trying to bully his way through to make up for lost time.
Idiots like him need to go on an anger management course, leave home early to get to where they are going on time, and should be tested every five years like the rest of us to ensure that we are competent drivers. We will all be tested when we reach old age, but a driver should be tested for competance before that surely, because the driving standards on the roads currently are very bad.
It's human nature to signal your frustration when another driver nearly rams his car into you.
If the standards were better, then those of us affected currently, would not resort to hand signals/gestures in frustration, because we wouldn't need to.
weety
My Cars:

Post by weety »

the best road rage incident i ever saw was on a single lane bridge over the medway near maidstone, vehicles coming down the hill have right of way and i was dutifully following a pick up truck down the hill, well the pick up truck is already on the bridge when Mr rep in his cavalier decides to come through the other way (even though you can easily see over the bridge and he must have known the pick up was coming over) so they both meet up in the middle and mr rep is flashing his lights horn everything to try to persuade the pick up truck to reverse back. He finally jumps out of the car and the guy gets out of the truck and this guy is built like a brick s++t house, so the rather large pick up driver walks past Mr irate who is starting to sense he might have bitten of more than he can chew walks over to the cavalier takes the guys keys out and throws them into the river below. Then he just walked back to his truck shouted over to me that he was really sorry but we would have to reverse out and turn round (which we did) and my last glimpse of Mr Rep was him staring into the river presumably hoping his keys would be returned to him by 'the lady of the medway'
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Forgive me Father for I have sinned.
Was carved up one day (many moons ago before passing Bike Test) by an idiot in a Siera, whilst I was on my bike at the time (a rather natty RXS100). I was carved up to the extreem that the idiot cut in front of me turning left and forced me into the kerb.
Im afraid I retaliated ( I wouldnt do this now) and followed him, catching up at a set of lights where upon I planted my toe tector boot into his drivers door - then rode off quickly nipping down a ginnel.
It was rash, foolish and idiotic to do..... but by god it felt good.
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Have done a similar think to you marty on that one, not big or clever but makes you feel better.
I tend not to get angry when driving,I like to let things wash over me if i can. And yes we could all end up in tricky situations its amazing how people react.