Scam-o-rama!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

dan.2cv
My Cars:

Scam-o-rama!

Post by dan.2cv »

Have a look at this:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 57160&rd=1
What in God's name does this contain?
It's probably no more than a set of common light bulbs![:D]
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

No, I think you're being too cynical- it could be a set of hoses, brake components, and tyres.......................not.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

its 7 lightbulbs and 4 fuses - I bought one (MUG)
dan.2cv
My Cars:

Post by dan.2cv »

You really were mugged off Marty, 7 and 4 makes 11!
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

I suppose a fiver for a bulb pack ( 2 x cheap & nasty H4) 1x stop / tail 1x 4w dash, 1x sidelight, 1x wedge 5w 1x indicator) - actually there WERE only 6 bugger my arithmetic! - Still I suppose a fiver for a bulb pack isnt that bad, though I objeced to the £3.50 P&P when it arrived with a 47p stamp on it.
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

I brought a pair of motorcycle carbs on ebay a while back. They were virtually new and unused, great price i got them for too. shame about the 40 quid postage he tried to charge. I wouldnt have minded but they arrived with a 7.50 charge sticker on the box.I quibbled we worked out a deal, it all ended happily. But just goes to show what people will try to get away with.
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by martyhopkirk</i>

I suppose a fiver for a bulb pack ( 2 x cheap & nasty H4) 1x stop / tail 1x 4w dash, 1x sidelight, 1x wedge 5w 1x indicator) - actually there WERE only 6 bugger my arithmetic! - Still I suppose a fiver for a bulb pack isnt that bad, though I objeced to the £3.50 P&P when it arrived with a 47p stamp on it.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
In that case, he's dropped his price...a little. What's he using - Gold plated jiffy bags? If you've got a Xantia, though...don't they use H1's?
Sounds like the time I bought a set of injectors..£5 p&P and they arrived in a Cadburys cocoa tin (I kid you not)..with a £1.21 sticker attached...and he attached the other item I bought as well (with another £2.50's worth of brown crate tape - bugger all else). Didn't get a refund; just no reply. Neutral feedback was all I could really give (as I'd won them for 99p..)
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

I wonder why we do not all have the neon valve caps, alloy window winders and alloy aerials we see advertised there in droves?
Stewart
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by philhoward</i>

If you've got a Xantia, though...don't they use H1's?
Latest Xantias use H4 (2000) and so does AX.
dan.2cv
My Cars:

Post by dan.2cv »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by oilyspanner</i>

I wonder why we do not all have the neon valve caps, alloy window winders and alloy aerials we see advertised there in droves?
Stewart
You mean all you guys don't?
Come around and have a look at my lovely spinny wheel trims too......
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Spinny wheel trims....saw wanted.....wouldnt go on my alloys though.
Stewart
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by oilyspanner</i>

Spinny wheel trims....saw wanted.....wouldnt go on my alloys though.
Stewart
I had seen the real thing, and examined it at a car show during last summer. Real spinners look good, but are expensive.
Soon after the show, I saw locally a guy driving a Micra.
This had spinner type wheel trims on it, they stuck out further than the normal rim, and looked crap.
I burst out laughing, [:D] because they didn't look good, they just projected much too far, and were a very poor imitation of the real thing.
Don't do it, they won't improve your street cred, leave this mod to the "Chavs."
dan.2cv
My Cars:

Post by dan.2cv »

That was knid of the point, I think Active8?