Cars in computer games

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

vanny
My Cars:

Cars in computer games

Post by vanny »

Oh, My GAWD! (think Janice/friends)
Tonight i stole a copy of 'Getaway:BlackMonday' from my house mate and in the first few minutes i've seen a Xantia in every colour (Both Mk1 and Mk2) and side swipped a red BX 19rd (well ish) and fish bones a silver TZD with alloys and the works!
The car i get from mission to mission in with my buddies in the London 'SWAT' team is a C8 and my unmarked car is a goldie lookin Renault Laguna!
Hell i saw two BX's just driving down the Lambeth Road, im like a pig in s__t!
Im going back to destroying Cit's :D
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

I'm sure you can have a Saxo in GranTourismo, and I think there's a Xsara in need for speed underground 2, will have to pinch them off my 7 year old to check!!
These driving games are excellent with a steering wheel!!
Getaway looks great but he's too young for it, I'll have to get my own and hide it, like I have to with Americas 10 Most Wanted that i'm on at the moment- far too much claret, bonus points for headshot excecutions of the homies, etc........
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

What a generation are we rearing with these violent games? sideswiping a BX!!! keep the children away;)
Stewart
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

On my journey today taking me across Salisbury Plain, the road and all the sign posts in real life are features in London Racer, weird eh when your behind your own wheel!
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

So let me get this right. There's a 21st Centurary video game that's the product of years of electronic testing and the spending of millions of £'s and in this game you can drive a Citroen Xantia! or a BX, Saxo etc [?] LOL [:D][:D] what ever happened to Buck Rogers in the 25 Centuary? Another question is when you have an acident in this 'video game' does a main dealer come along and say that'll be in the service bay for at least a week, and then your cars gone for the next month while they wait for parts. Or is this a different video game.
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

Sorry stuart this sint like real life. It dawned on me last night that there is not ONE ford in the entire game. The police drive Citroen Relays, C8's Renault Lagunas or Vauxhall Cavalier estates. There are loads of 205's on the Lambeth road as well, mostly soft top's as well! It's almost like a perfect world, no fords, people get out of the way if your in a police car, and you can drive down Oxford Road :D
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

If you want to develope a Comuter or Video game I'll sell you my idea of sevice costs. It could be called some thing like "Gradnd Theft Citroen Auto, the dealer strikes back and this time he means buisnes and lots of it" LOL.[:D]
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

[:D][:D][:D]LOL[:D]
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

The original Gran Turismo had didn`t have any.
Gran Turismo 2 had Xantia 3.0V6,Pug 406 2.0.I think it also had Pug 106 GTI,& Ren Clio 16V.
PS2 A Spec game had the Xsara WRC,Pug 206 WRC,Ren Clio 3.0V6 cup/sport.
There may have been a Saxo in the 2nd game.It rings a bell,but as you wouldn`t get 500bhp+ from it,i wouldn`t have had one!
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

Colin McRae 2 and 3 have a Citroen 2cv Sahara (twin engined one) which you can drive very slowly around the courses in! The sound is very realistic. You can even smash the front wings off.
batwad
My Cars:

Post by batwad »

The latest Colin McRae game has got a very enjoyable Xsara, as well as some classic rally cars like the Audi Quattro, Sierra Cosworth and a very deadly Lancia.